Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Card interview experience (AOS based on marriage)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danmiami View Post
    I have two questions, what country are you from and where is your petitioner from? if you are from middle east or pakistan/india then that rite there is a red flag. Let the immigration do there thing. They are probably running security checks ect. As long as your marriage is real, you dont have to worry. How come you never had a joint account with your spouse? also your lease? did'nt they ask for them.
    Unfortunately I am from Iran at the heart of middle east!!! but my petitioner is from Tennessee. and my income is like 1500 per month because I am a student so we didn't bother to have a joint account. I don't have any saving account so everything comes at the first day of the month is totally spent by the last day of the month. but we have a joint lease (2 years). anyways, thanks for replying man. this process is devastating and honestly I don't think I ever receive any major status update from USCIS. I thought at the end of interview I would receive a decision but I was wrong

Comment

road to green card

Hello all,
      Reading the experiences here made me and my husband feel more prepared for our green card interviews, so we would like to share with you our experiences.
      We were married on September 15th, 2015. The uscis received our application packet on September 28, 2015. We had the biometrics on October 22nd, and about November 27th that we found out our interview date was scheduled for December 30th. We had our lawyer call and check on the EAD once the interview was scheduled checking to see where we were at with that. They told her that it was approved and would be in the mail about a week later!
      We had our interview today at the NH office. it was scheduled for 2:10pm, we arrived at 1:30. Our IO came to get us at about 2:30, and took me (the petitioner) and our lawyer into the back. He swore me in, and then asked me about twenty questions. He asked where we met, where we live, questions about the house that we live in, which bathroom we use in the house, what we see out of the window of the bathroom, if my husband has any tattoos, who does the cooking, if we have any nicknames for each other, if my husband was right of left handed, last movie we went to together, where each of us had gone to school, last restaurant we went to together, and asked me to draw a picture of my bedroom (windows, doors, furniture, lights etc). He then went and got my husband from the waiting room to come and sit with us. He asked him all the exact same questions and compared the answers with what I had told him.
      After he was done (we got all the questions the same) he said that he was happy with the results and approved the green card on the spot. He said it will be in the mail within the week!
      We are so relieved, the interviewer was really friendly and made us feel as relaxed as possible in a stressful situation!
      Good luck to all of you going through this!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X