Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expiring visa - Is it affect i-485 processing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expiring visa - Is it affect i-485 processing?

This is the my current situation.

My L1 visa is expiring on 2012 Sep 19 but since my husband is on L2 visa and he is working with his L2 EAD card, on next extension (by April or May 2012 I have to submit the documents for processing) I am not changing my L1B visa to H1B. But after I calculated my maxout time in US I can get L1B extension till 2013 Sep 22 only. I am applying for H1B visa on 2013 April but that will be effective only from Oct 1st 2013 . In this case I will be out of status for 8 days from Sep 22 2013 - Oct 1 2013. Looks like by that time I may need to file for i-485 application or I may already started processing the i-485 processing.

Related to the above scenario I have the following questions.

1.) If my visa expires while processing i-485 will it affect the GC processing? or will it stop the GC processing? or in that case is it (i-485 processing) denied ?

2.) If I am in the last stage of processing after sep 23 2013 do I need to go out of US for a week or 2 weeks (because I don't have a valid visa during that time tll Oct 2013) ? or is it possible for me stay here in US in those 8 days in i-485 (even if it's not approved it's in the processing stage right?)

Can you please advice me what will be best option for me in this situation?

why I am asking this question now is I need to apply for visa extension soon so I need an answer before I do that.

Thanking for your reply.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X