Asylee changing status to family based

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asylee changing status to family based

Im a citizen and im filing for my mom who is an asylee. I was having some problems filing out her form I-765 application. My mom did have a work authorization that expired in january so now that im filing for her:

- what box do i check in the beginning of the application where it says "im applying for". Do i check renewal or permission to accept work authorization?

And then where it says have u ever applied for a work authorization i click yes and on the next line it says "which USCIS office" what does that mean? The center that the original app was sent to? If so, which document can i find this info on? Because i have all the docs.

Lastly, the dreaded line #16. Since im applying for my mom, is the category c9? That is the family based category, right?

If i cant answer these questions im gonna have to give my lawyer $100 to fill them. Which is absurd because at first she mentions no fee for this and then suddenly when shes done filling the
    I485 app and it comes down to this she says i need to pay an additional $100. Ill pay if i have to but it just seems like a waste of money for her to answer 3 questions since everything is extremely simple.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X