Not able to check online case status with receipt number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not able to check online case status with receipt number

I received receipt numbers for 485, EAD, AP from NSC. When I tried to check online case status through uscis, the website response has
    "Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283."

What would I do? Is there any problem with the application or is it normal?

Guys, please provide your inputs

Able to see in online after a week.

Comment

I have filed for AOS on 2/11. USCIS received the documents on 2/13 (got ack. from fedex). I got ack.letter in mail on 2/18. I don't see any status online till date. My colleagues who filed a week later have their status online. I called 1-800 number with no use. Anyone with the same issue?

Comment

What would I do? Is there any problem with the application or is it normal?

Guys, please provide your inputs[/QUOTE]

In some instances, it takes time for these things to be updated. Once u have already received notice from them, be patient. It always varies from state to state. You will receive a notice for either to submit further evidence or letter for biometrics to be done.

Comment

the website isn't a reliable source of info. Id recommend signing up for the email and text updates as well as it will tell you when the web has been updated.
          if you cant see your updates with your numbers, there may be an error in the way that you are inputting your number. make sure that there are no spaces at the start of the entry field, then check the last digit is the same as well. i had a problem with this...

Comment

I got my biometrics mail on 3/5 but still the status is not online.

Comment

@Mukollu, the good thing is, your address is valid and you are receiving all the info that you need. I also advise you to sign up for email and text messaging alert from USCIS. On USCIS, u can find that option there for u to list your email and various case receipts numbers to get a regular update. Dont panic things are going well. At times the online case status can be slow in updating. Thanks

Comment

I made early appearance for Biometrics on 3/12 instead of actual date 3/29 due to travel planned. Online status is not available.

I am not able to add the receipt number to track it because it throws error that case cannot be found.

My Case Status

Add a Case to Your Portfolio
                To add cases to your portfolio, please enter the application receipt number.

Validation Error(s)
                You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
                Customer Portfolio Insert Failed
                Attempting to add a case that does not exist. Check the application receipt number.
                Please complete all the required fields marked with a *.

I tried calling the 1800 number but there is no option to talk to representative. I dont know what to do now.

Thanks,
                Sunil
                Last edited by mukkollu; 03-19-2012, 12:48 AM.

Comment

The receipt of I-485 does not work

I have the same problem. I asked my lawyer and was told that it is due to the problem of computer system. Once it happens, nothing can be done. All we can do is to call them. I am very glad that you called 1-800 number. If possible, could you tell me what is their reply in details?

Originally posted by mukkollu View Post
                  I have filed for AOS on 2/11. USCIS received the documents on 2/13 (got ack. from fedex). I got ack.letter in mail on 2/18. I don't see any status online till date. My colleagues who filed a week later have their status online. I called 1-800 number with no use. Anyone with the same issue?

Comment

I have same problem about the error message.

I seems like a lot of people get the error message saying they couldn't find the case? I notice this is from 2012. Can you please tell what happened? Hope you got everything you need by now.

Comment

Originally posted by kakomeGeorgia View Post
                      I seems like a lot of people get the error message saying they couldn't find the case? I notice this is from 2012. Can you please tell what happened? Hope you got everything you need by now.
                      i receipt the MSC # on march 22, now May 1st and still can't check my case online, it says there was an error...

Comment

Originally posted by juand25 View Post
                        i receipt the MSC # on march 22, now May 1st and still can't check my case online, it says there was an error...
                        meant april 22 and till today i still see just error when i enter my case online

Comment

Originally posted by juand25 View Post
                          meant april 22 and till today i still see just error when i enter my case online

I believe the systems at USCIS are experiencing some difficulties and systems are down. Many more are in your situation. Guess you just need to be patient until they solve it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X