X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Certificate - Mother's name mistake

Hello All,
    My mother's name in my passport : Lakkshmi
    Mother's name in her passport : Laksmi (Letters K and H are missing)

How should my mother's name be there in my birth Certificate? Should it reflect my passport or hers?

Originally posted by visacheck1 View Post
    Hello All,
    My mother's name in my passport : Lakkshmi
    Mother's name in her passport : Laksmi (Letters K and H are missing)

How should my mother's name be there in my birth Certificate? Should it reflect my passport or hers?
    You have not indicated if either of these passports is infact the correct spelling of the word as she uses it. In the absence of the above, I have to assume that HER CORRECT name is LAKSHMI (the normal way the word is spelt).

So, we have to also assume that there errors were either not noticed earlier OR ignored for what ever reason.

The advise about your birth certificate would be, have the name spelt the correct way, i.e. the way she has it in her birth certificate, her educational certificates.

Then you will still have the task of,

(a) Have her passport changed so the correct spelling reflects there.

(b) Have your passport changed for the same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Raju595 View Post
      You have not indicated if either of these passports is infact the correct spelling of the word as she uses it. In the absence of the above, I have to assume that HER CORRECT name is LAKSHMI (the normal way the word is spelt).

So, we have to also assume that there errors were either not noticed earlier OR ignored for what ever reason.

The advise about your birth certificate would be, have the name spelt the correct way, i.e. the way she has it in her birth certificate, her educational certificates.

Then you will still have the task of,

(a) Have her passport changed so the correct spelling reflects there.

(b) Have your passport changed for the same reason.
      Well my mother don't have birth certificate or educational certificate. So having her name as LAKSMI is not a problem even though it is not correct.
      In this case, should my birth certificate has her name as LAKSMI(as per her passport) or LAKKSHMI(as per my passport).

Comment

Well my mother don't have birth certificate or educational certificate. So having her name as LAKSMI is not a problem even though it is not correct.
        In this case, should my birth certificate has her name as LAKSMI(as per her passport) or LAKKSHMI(as per my passport).
        Does she have any official papers / documents in her name? Ration Card / Voter Registration Card / PAN Card / Any bank account? If so what spelling does she use there?

Is here passport the first official document to show her name?

If so, there are two possibilities (a) She filled the PP application with the spelling LAKSMI or (b) She used some other spelling but the pp was issued with wrong spelling.

You have stated that LAKSMI is not correct. so why do you want to have yet another document with an incorrect spelling?

Comment

Originally posted by Raju595 View Post
          Does she have any official papers / documents in her name? Ration Card / Voter Registration Card / PAN Card / Any bank account? If so what spelling does she use there?

Is here passport the first official document to show her name?

If so, there are two possibilities (a) She filled the PP application with the spelling LAKSMI or (b) She used some other spelling but the pp was issued with wrong spelling.

You have stated that LAKSMI is not correct. so why do you want to have yet another document with an incorrect spelling?
          The Ration card has her name in Tamil, so Passport is the only official document that has her name in English.
          I didn't want to change her passport since there is no other document to prove her name is incorrect.
          My only concern is, should my BC in align with my Passport or her passport?

Comment

The Ration card has her name in Tamil, so Passport is the only official document that has her name in English.
            I didn't want to change her passport since there is no other document to prove her name is incorrect.
            My only concern is, should my BC in align with my Passport or her passport?
            Can someone shed light on this?

Comment

Hey you can use the passport name on th Birth Certificate.
              But you didn't clearly mentioned why you need birth certificate.
              Currently you don't have a birthcertificat or you are applying for birthcertificate or you are going to apply for non availibility certificate (As Birth is not registered)

Here is point, if you birth is registered with local Muncipal/Corporation/Panchayat etc, while if you are getting BC in english then, before filling any form use exact name as per passport details.

If you get your BC in other language, while translating use the exact name as in passport.

One more thing if this is for AOS (immigration in US) then they don't ask your mothers passport etc.

So you can use your mother's name mentioned in your passport to obtain BC. So there is a no conflict in BC and your Passport. As you have to submit your passport copies to immigration.

Comment

Originally posted by zoom123 View Post
                Hey you can use the passport name on th Birth Certificate.
                But you didn't clearly mentioned why you need birth certificate.
                Currently you don't have a birthcertificat or you are applying for birthcertificate or you are going to apply for non availibility certificate (As Birth is not registered)

Here is point, if you birth is registered with local Muncipal/Corporation/Panchayat etc, while if you are getting BC in english then, before filling any form use exact name as per passport details.

If you get your BC in other language, while translating use the exact name as in passport.

One more thing if this is for AOS (immigration in US) then they don't ask your mothers passport etc.

So you can use your mother's name mentioned in your passport to obtain BC. So there is a no conflict in BC and your Passport. As you have to submit your passport copies to immigration.
                Thank you. I'm going to apply for Birth certificate and this is for AOS.
                So going with mother's name in my passport would be better option I guess.

Comment

Yes, go with your mother name in your passport.
                  When you submitt your documents for AOS,your BC and Passort name will be match.

USCIS look for the exact name appear on passport and Birth Certificate.

Best of Luck

Comment

Lets say in this case if I go with my docs of having same mother name spelling on my passport and birth certificate for my AOS everything will be good.
                    What will happen later in the years if I need bring my mother on sponsorship will it be issue since her passport name was different from my passport and as well as on my Birth Certificate?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X