Reentry to US after IV Expiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reentry to US after IV Expiry

My mom entered into US on 2/9/2014 as IMMIGRANT VISA in IV Category, as per VISA, her IV Expires on 3/12/2014.

VISA says, "UPON ENDORSEMENT SERVICES AS TEMPORARY I-551 EVIDENCING PERMANENT RESIDENCE FOR 1 YEAR".

Question: My mom want to go to India on 3/8/2014 & will reenter back to US on 4/20/2014. She didn't get her plastic green card yet, Is it going to be an issue?

Your mom can reenter the U.S. with her I-551 passport annotation. Have you paid the $165 Green Card fee? If not, why not? Though she can legally reenter with the I-551 annotation, why put her through the aggravation of having to explain at the Port of Entry whey she doesn't have her Green Card.

--Ray B

Originally posted by rasuajak View Post
    My mom entered into US on 2/9/2014 as IMMIGRANT VISA in IV Category, as per VISA, her IV Expires on 3/12/2014.

VISA says, "UPON ENDORSEMENT SERVICES AS TEMPORARY I-551 EVIDENCING PERMANENT RESIDENCE FOR 1 YEAR".

Question: My mom want to go to India on 3/8/2014 & will reenter back to US on 4/20/2014. She didn't get her plastic green card yet, Is it going to be an issue?

Comment

Thanks Ray, I have paid $165 GC fee before her 1st visit to US.

Thanks again for your replay.

Comment

I didn't mean to sound so aggressive when asking if you paid the $165 fee, but knowing that it is paid is a preface for my next suggestion.

I am hearing complaints that Green Card generation by USCIS has been very slow. Whereas 30 days after arrival used to be standard Green Card delivery time, many arriving immigrants are not seeing Green Card for several months after arrival, even when the $165 fees have been paid before they even leave their countries for the U.S. The Green Card payment fee process was poorly designed and difficult to navigate. Some can pay the fee in 5 minutes, others cannot work through the application requirements without outside help.

That being the case, one has a good argument for mom needing to make an emergency return to her country before she received the Green Card.

--Ray B

Originally posted by rasuajak View Post
        Thanks Ray, I have paid $165 GC fee before her 1st visit to US.

Thanks again for your replay.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X