No announcement yet.

Request Plastic Card from Local Office?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request Plastic Card from Local Office?

I had my CP interviw last November, port of entry at Los Angelos on 19NOV00. So far I have not receive my plastic card. Then I mangaged to talk to the Texas Service Center. The lady I talked to told me my A number is still not in computer. She also recommended me to go to the local office to file a plastic card request. Here is my question:

1)If I file a request at the local office, how long will it take to have the card issued?
    2)who will process the case? Still Texas Service Center, or corresponding Service Center based on georgraphy, for my case, Nebraska Service Center?
    3)If I do request from local INS office, will I get two plastic cards because the request from Port of Entry will enventually arrive Texas Center? Or one of the two requests will be stopped because of the other one?

Thank you for any info.

You are posting in the wrong forum. See answers to all you question in "After the Green Card"

Comment

Sorry for the Goof-up, earlier posting.

Ans 1. If you enter from LA, you have to wait a while, like 5 to 6 months - Past posters experience. If you go to the Local INS office most likely they will turn you away and ask you to wait.

Ans2. If you POE is LA then CSC will process you card. For all other service centres it is TSC. Don't ask why, that's how they are set up.

Ans3. The local service center will not entertain your request. They will only when they can conclusively determine that your I89 card has been lost, that will most likely take well over 6-8 months.

Note, you will never get 2 cards. Hey when they can collect more money from you, if you want a duplicate, they will not give you any freebies.

So read other posters experience with POE in LA and wait, you have no other options.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X