No announcement yet.

Re-Entry Permit (Urgent Advice Needed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Entry Permit (Urgent Advice Needed)

Hi all,

I am a green card holder and i am from Dar-Es-Salaam, Tanzania.

(First Question) I had applied my re-entry permit in 2014 which is getting expired in 2016 March 19th and i would like to travel U.S in April. Is there any way i can get extend one month or any form that i need to fill it?

(Second Question) My passport is already expired and i had a U.S Immigrant Visa in it, and i have already applied for a new passport (Renew) so do i need a immigrant Visa again in my new passport? If yes then which form do i need to apply for it.

Hoping to hear from you all and thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Huss.

After you reach the expiration date of your Reentry Permit, without reentering the U.S., your Green Card is considered "abandoned," unless you are able to obtain a returning resident visa (SB-1).

--Ray B

Originally posted by Huss View Post
    Hi all,

I am a green card holder and i am from Dar-Es-Salaam, Tanzania.

(First Question) I had applied my re-entry permit in 2014 which is getting expired in 2016 March 19th and i would like to travel U.S in April. Is there any way i can get extend one month or any form that i need to fill it?

(Second Question) My passport is already expired and i had a U.S Immigrant Visa in it, and i have already applied for a new passport (Renew) so do i need a immigrant Visa again in my new passport? If yes then which form do i need to apply for it.

Hoping to hear from you all and thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Huss.

Comment

What kind of immigrant visa is in the passport?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X