Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delay in I-751 RFE Processing. Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay in I-751 RFE Processing. Please help!

Hi Everyone,

I'm really hoping someone could help me out, as i'm really stressing. If you have any advice that could help, please do share.

My husband is a US citizen and applied for my green card in October 2013. I sent in the required documents and received my conditional 2 year green card in December 2013. In October 2015 I sent in my form to remove the conditions of the green card. I went through the bio-metrics appointment in December 2015 and because there was a delay at the Vermont processing center I received a letter with granting me a one year extension. Then in October of 2016 i received a letter requesting us to send more information.

We sent the following:
    - 3 year copies of our bank statement
    - 3 years of tax returns
    - Most recent joint car insurance policy
    - Amount used on our health insurance deductible
    - Notarized affidavits from 3 people validating our marriage is legitamite
    - itineraries of various trips we took together
    - pictures from our honeymoon and other trips we had taken with descriptions on the back
    -We live with my in laws so we do not have a lease in our name.

I sent a UPS box with everything inside through certified mail. Tracking shows that the package was received "SCOSS". However when i check the status online, it does not mention that anything was received.

After 30 days I called the Vermont processing center and was told that they could not give me any information until it had been 60 days. So the 61st day i called them and was told that they don't have anything in the system so i have to wait another 15 days and i should get something in the mail. I checked my status today (76th day) and nothing updated online. I tried calling them but they said they were too busy and because of work i wasn't able to stay on hold. When i got home I received a letter (dated Feb 27th) in the mail stating that based on their research they have not received any documentation and that if i don't send in documentation by Feb 4th then my application will be considered abandoned.

I have a few questions:

-Is it possible for USCIS Vermont center lost my package? or have not gotten to it yet? I thought RFE would be handled quicker?
    -I will call USCIS tomorrow and see what they say, but what can I ask or do if they claim they didn't get anything? I have the tracking number, but not sure what good that will do them.
    -I also have a USCIS appointment tomorrow (booked through infopass) to get a stamp on my passport so i can renew my drivers license. Should I ask the person that I see tomorrow about my situation? Should i bring documentation again?

Any help at all is appreciated.

Thank you in Advance!

A quick update, I spoke with USCIS customer service and was told to resubmit all documents which i have now done.
    Has anyone else had a similar situation?

Comment

So just an update.. I resent the documents all over again and still they do not have anything in their system. Anyone else having issues with the Vermont service center?

Anyone help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X