Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I travel back to US after getting the re-entry permit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I travel back to US after getting the re-entry permit?

Hello,

I received my re-entry (2 years) permit and now I'm out of US. My intension is to stay more than 1 year abroad because of my business. Can I return just for 1 week to US while retaining my re-entry permit? We may have a meeting in San Francisco and I'd like to know if my attendance to this meeting would have my re entry permit canceled?

Thanks.
    Last edited by dwain; 04-17-2017, 09:16 AM.

Yes you can, the re-entry permit is valid for multiple entries. you can use to enter the USA multiple times within the validity of the permit.

Please check your permit paper if it does have that section ENTRIES. it should say MULTIPLE there.

Comment

[QUOTE=abumiqdad;492430]Yes you can, the re-entry permit is valid for multiple entries. you can use to enter the USA multiple times within the validity of the permit.

Please check your permit paper if it does have that section ENTRIES. it should say MULTIPLE there.

Got it! Thanks!

Comment

Be careful

Originally posted by dwain View Post
        Hello,

I received my re-entry (2 years) permit and now I'm out of US. My intension is to stay more than 1 year abroad because of my business. Can I return just for 1 week to US while retaining my re-entry permit? We may have a meeting in San Francisco and I'd like to know if my attendance to this meeting would have my re entry permit canceled?

Thanks.

If you are planning to stay out of the USA that long I would be careful. While the advance parole allows you to leave you are not automatically given re entry. Being away a year they may not accept your motives, that is a long time.....

Comment

I thought having a re-entry permit would make the officer at PoE to not question you much? (hence people fork out money to get Re-entry permit - and it is not cheap)

Originally posted by SGI View Post
          If you are planning to stay out of the USA that long I would be careful. While the advance parole allows you to leave you are not automatically given re entry. Being away a year they may not accept your motives, that is a long time.....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X