Few months left in assignment. Need to renew re-entry permit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few months left in assignment. Need to renew re-entry permit

We are a family of 4 with valid green card and valid first-time re-entry permit living now two years in Mexico for my work (we are not Mexican though. I am German and my wife Korean).
    We all have made regular trips back to the US (at least every 6 months).
    Though we sold our house in the US last year, we have everything in storage in the US, we kept our US bank accounts, we kept our US phone plans/numbers, we keep filing and paying US taxes.

At the end of this school year we will move back to the US. Our teenage kids will go back to school there, me on to a new job. It will be about 6-7 months after our re-entry permit expires. My question is if we all four should apply for a new re-entry permit or if we can just stick to the green-card. We will continue to be in the US every 6 months. Applying for a new 2nd re-entry permit will cost us $2,000-3,000 for the four of us in fees, plus we need to do multiple flights back with taking off time from work and school in order to do a domestic filing and then again for biometrics. Is there any real risk that we are denied entry and loose our green-card for the 6-month period that we would have an expired re-entry permit but a fully valid green-card?

Thank you for any advise you could give.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X