X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come back to USA after reentry permit

Hi there,

Here is my situation.

I'm a GC lottery winner since beginning of 2013 (already 5 years..). When I won in the lottery I wasn't ready to live in US (as it was a friend of mine who registered me in the lottery.. thank to him).

I was in the US at the begin of 2013 to get my GC and in the midlle of 2013, to respect the 6 months max period.

For all 2014 and 2015, I get 2-years reentry permit. I had to finish a long project with my employer.

I go back in US in the end of 2015, before my reentry-permit expire, and try to work in my field but it was difficult.

So I get another 2-years reentry permit, for 2016 and 2017, to improve my english level, finish that project and get more skills in my field.

And Now I'm ready to work and live in the US. I also realise that I have much more opportunities than in the past..

Anyway, this time I'm ready and excited to work and live in US.. I plan to go back to US soon, before the max-2-years-outside and my second reentry permit expire..

What can you advise me to not have any issues in the point of entry.. Of course, if they ask me I will tell them the same true history as here. But I don't want them think I abandoned my GC..

Also I saw in some posts that if they ask me to sign anything, I have to NOT sign it.

Any information/advise are welcome...

FYI : I don't have ties in usa (credits card, property, bills, family..) This will be my new depart..

Please advise. Sorry for the long post and sorry for my bad english level..

Thank you

Have you been filing US tax returns?

Comment

No, I knew recently that I should have done it

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X