Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 MONTHS USCIS still has not issued my initial Greencard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 MONTHS USCIS still has not issued my initial Greencard!

Hi everyone!
    I'm trying to figure out if my case is a common misbehavior of the USCIS or they just fail to produce only my Greencard in reasonable time.

There's my timeline:
    September, 2017 - I had entered the USA by a family based immigrant visa.
    November 2017 - I had paid the immigrant fee for the issuance of my Greencard. Receipt # received.
    March 2018 (120 passed since the USCIS accepted and acknowledged my payment) - I had contacted the USCIS and told about my issue.
    March 2018 - I received an email with the following - "Further research is needed in regards to your inquiry. You should receive correspondence within the next 90 days regarding this case. If you do not receive this correspondence, please contact customer service."
    April 2018 - Greencard still not issued.

And the last response from the USCIS implies that they are going to investigate my case up until June 2018 ("You should receive correspondence within the next 90 days").

At this moment I'm waiting for more that 5 months for my first initial Greencard.

What the heck is going on with the USCIS?
    Any help or opinion or sharing your story will be very appreciated.
    Thank you.

It's probably just a delay in processing.

You can try making online inquiries, InfoPass visits, or ask for assistance from your US Senator's office or from the CIS Ombudsman, but, since your waiting period of 90 days has not passed, they won't be of much help anyway.

I'm sorry, but if they said they need to do further research, pretty much all you can do is wait.
    Last edited by 001kja; 04-23-2018, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 001kja View Post
      ask for assistance from your US Senator's office or from the CIS Ombudsman.
      001kja, I take as a good advice. Thank you.

Comment

I'm going to follow up on this thread and post all the related updates.

UPDATE #1 (April 24, 2018)
        Today I have received an email with absolutely irrelevant content from the NVC (why NVC?) with information regarding events which took place in 2016. (Yes, 2016!!)

24-APR-18
        Dear Sir/Madam,
        The National Visa Center (NVC) received your documents on 21-NOV-16. We are experiencing a high volume of incoming mail at this time. Please allow 30 days from the date we received your mail for the NVC to review your documents. We are diligently working to reduce our review time and appreciate your patience. The NVC will notify you after our review if there is additional information required or if we are able to schedule your case for an interview overseas.
        This is totally insane. This letter tells about the time when my immigrant application was transferred to the US embassy overseas.
        All these things are all happened.
        Today is 2018 and I'm already living in the USA.

Comment

UPDATE #2 (April 30, 2018)
          An email came to my inbox answering one more service request made on April 25, 2018.

The Texas Service Center should respond to you within 30 days from the date the Service Request was created informing you of what the office has done to resolve the issue you raised.
          So at least it's not 90 days as it was in the previous message.

Comment

My experience in waiting for the initial GC (CR1)

Hi!

I'm currently waiting for my "initial" GC too. So far what I've heard is that the GC should arrive within 6 months after payment+entering the country.
            In my case, I paid before entering the US. Thus the waiting time starts after my POE date (03-28-2018).

I believe you have not yet passed that time frame. But, please, keep us posted!

Comment

Mrs.DPK, thank you for your sharing!
              Actually I entered the US in September 2017 and paid the immigrant in November 2017.
              Today is May and it's going to be soon 6 months after my payment. Not counting the period between entering and payment.

Comment

UPDATE #3 (May 03, 2018)
                I got one more email from the USCIS. I think it's what the previous message was talking about in the UPDATE #2.

We have researched your case and have learned that your receipt number and A-number have been changed. Your new receipt number is IOE########## and your new A-number is A#########

A review of your case shows that it is under active adjudication.

You should receive correspondence within the next 90 days regarding this case.
                Any thoughts what is this about??
                What they actually mean by "active adjudication"??
                And why change my Alien number??

I'm completely embarrassed.

Comment

UPDATE #4 (May 08, 2018)

It's been 6 months! Still no Greencard. Keep on waiting... US government.

Comment

UPDATE #5 (May 28, 2018)
                    Finally! The greencard has arrived to my mail box!
                    It took 6.5 months.

The case is closed.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X