Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money Order not still not cashed after nearly 1 month

Hello,

I mailed my form I-751 and supporting documents to the relevant California address. I have my USPS tracking number which confirms it was delivered at Laguna Niguel, CA 92607 on April 6th 2018.

I checked the status of the money order I included and it's still not been cashed yet, which is making me a bit nervous as my green card expires on June 14th 2018.

Is this unusual? Does anyone have any advice on what to do next?

Thank you.
    Last edited by hazemaze; 05-04-2018, 10:15 AM.

Subscribed, please update when received news.
    I'm in the same situation and waiting to see how other's cases evolve.

Comment

Originally posted by Downloader View Post
      tuesday will be two weeks for me since they got my package...checking my account everyday hoping they cash my check soon too...

Comment

Originally posted by Downloader View Post
        I still have not received anything, nor has my money order been cashed. I called the 1-800 number and after a long wait I managed to talk to someone very helpful today at USCIS.

They informed me that right now it?s taking between 30 and 60 days to receive either the receipt or a rejection notice.

In my case, if I haven?t received anything by June 6th, then I need to get back in touch.
        Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by hazemaze View Post
          I still have not received anything, nor has my money order been cashed. I called the 1-800 number and after a long wait I managed to talk to someone very helpful today at USCIS.

They informed me that right now it?s taking between 30 and 60 days to receive either the receipt or a rejection notice.

In my case, if I haven?t received anything by June 6th, then I need to get back in touch.
          Hope that helps.
          today it is a month for me... i guess i will wait a few more weeks.. this wait is killing me

Comment

Finally woke up to see the check cashed. Now i guess time to wait for the NOA letter.

Comment

Originally posted by geroaj View Post
              Finally woke up to see the check cashed. Now i guess time to wait for the NOA letter.
              Glad to hear it. I checked today and mine was cashed on the 21st May, so it?s was nearly 7 weeks from the day it arrived at their mailbox - in case any one else is worried about theirs.

Comment

I am sort of in the same boat.

I mailed my application 45 days before green card expiration date. Mailed it certified mail and it shows it as received at the Laguna Niguel PO Box. The green card expires next week and I have yet to receive any word from USCIS regarding my application. The personal checks I included have yet to be cashed either. Called both the post office and USCIS but they have yet to provide me any information that's useful.

I am very worried that my green card will expire before USCIS receives my application and extends my green card. I currently have a job and I do not want to lose my employment eligibility. Can I still work since I did mail in the application and have proof of delivery with my tracking number? Any advice on how I should proceed? Thanks

Comment

waoe9d2g, I'm sure USCIS have your application. I sent mine through USPS (certified mail + return receipt) on 5.12.2018 to VSC and the package was received on 5.17.2018 as per VSC stamp on the return receipt. Did not hear anything since and my check was not cashed.

My GC expired on 5.26.2018, however as far as I know, this does not mean that my lawful status expires. Lawful status continues until it is terminated by the government - rejection of your I-751 application. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

My question if ? how long it takes to receive Form I-797 receipt notice, which serves as proof of the conditional resident?s continued status for one year after expiration of the conditional resident card

Thanks!
                  Blanca

Comment

Originally posted by Blanca View Post
                    waoe9d2g, I'm sure USCIS have your application. I sent mine through USPS (certified mail + return receipt) on 5.12.2018 to VSC and the package was received on 5.17.2018 as per VSC stamp on the return receipt. Did not hear anything since and my check was not cashed.

My GC expired on 5.26.2018, however as far as I know, this does not mean that my lawful status expires. Lawful status continues until it is terminated by the government - rejection of your I-751 application. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

My question if ? how long it takes to receive Form I-797 receipt notice, which serves as proof of the conditional resident?s continued status for one year after expiration of the conditional resident card

Thanks!
                    Blanca
                    Hi Blanca,

Agreed with you. Until USCIS does not terminate or deny your i-751 application, GC holder can work. I would suggest to visit nearby USCIS office and get i-551 stamped or get an update on your case. I had the same issue with USPS and package was not reached on time. I would suggest to use FedEx or UPS going forward. They are much better than USPS.

For all i-751 applicants - It is a long journey. So be prepared for patient and wait. I have been waiting on my case from more than a year and half. The applications are being transffered to another offices. This is the only update you will get from them. No time will be promised for adjudication of i-751 application. In some cases, you may wait long enough to apply for your citizenship while pending your i-751. Meanwhile get i-551 stamp from them and you are good to go.

According to all lawyers, i-751 takes at least 19 months these months to adjudicate. In some cases, it takes longer than 19 months.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X