Need i-551 stamp, please advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need i-551 stamp, please advise

Hi all. My potential employer requires me to present either a physical green card or an i-551 stamp, otherwise he cannot extend me a job offer. I'm coming to the States at the end of the month on immigration visa (lottery). I've read that this stamp is given at uscis offices by previous appointment. My question is have any of you had experience getting this stamp? I know that immigration visa and admissions stamp = temporary green card, but my employer specifically asked for these two options. Can I still get this stamp?

Originally posted by AnderJoy View Post
    Hi all. My potential employer requires me to present either a physical green card or an i-551 stamp, otherwise he cannot extend me a job offer. I'm coming to the States at the end of the month on immigration visa (lottery). I've read that this stamp is given at uscis offices by previous appointment. My question is have any of you had experience getting this stamp? I know that immigration visa and admissions stamp = temporary green card, but my employer specifically asked for these two options. Can I still get this stamp?
    Page 2 of this document https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...ments/F4en.pdf states "After you arrive in the United States, you will receive a stamp in your passport that validates your admission as a lawful permanent resident. The stamp is valid for 1 year. Once this stamp expires, you will need your Green Card as evidence of your lawful permanent resident status."

In other words, a CBP agent will stamp your passport at the port of entry with the I-551 stamp which validates your admission as a lawful permanent resident.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X