I-751 extension expiring - feedback on getting a I-551 stamp so can travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-751 extension expiring - feedback on getting a I-551 stamp so can travel

My husband and I are planning on traveling few months from now, which will be few weeks after the expiration of our one-year extension. Based on what we?ve read on other posts, we are going on schedule an Infopass appointment to get a I-551 stamp.

My question is do officers give stamps in such circumstances as a matter of routine, or it depends on an individual officer and there is a risk of begin declined? If there is such a risk, we need to try to change our travel plans for earlier, which we really don?t want to do but will if have to.

Would greatly appreciate any feedback, including from people who have personal experience with these appointments to get the stamp. Thank You!

Originally posted by richmaz View Post
    My husband and I are planning on traveling few months from now, which will be few weeks after the expiration of our one-year extension. Based on what we?ve read on other posts, we are going on schedule an Infopass appointment to get a I-551 stamp.

My question is do officers give stamps in such circumstances as a matter of routine, or it depends on an individual officer and there is a risk of begin declined? If there is such a risk, we need to try to change our travel plans for earlier, which we really don?t want to do but will if have to.

Would greatly appreciate any feedback, including from people who have personal experience with these appointments to get the stamp. Thank You!
    I think it is routine because you have a pending I-751, and the extension letter is expired, and as a permanent resident you are required by law to have proof of permanent residency with you.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by richmaz View Post

Hi,

May I ask you what is your application date? I am in same situation as you. I filed i-751 in Dec-2016 and received RFE 6 months ago. I replied in Feb this year but haven't received any response from them yet. Still figuring out expected time when they can response me back.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X