Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prolonging your visit outside the USA

Hello,

My mom is planing a trip to Poland to care for my grandmother (her mom) and she doesn't know if her visit will require her to stay longer than a year. Since she only has Green Card she must return to USA to retain her status. Is there a way (for example, a form to fill out ) for her to prolong her visit in Poland without her having return to USA??

Originally posted by Agata T. View Post
    Hello,

My mom is planing a trip to Poland to care for my grandmother (her mom) and she doesn't know if her visit will require her to stay longer than a year. Since she only has Green Card she must return to USA to retain her status. Is there a way (for example, a form to fill out ) for her to prolong her visit in Poland without her having return to USA??
    If she doesn't know how long she will be out, you should definitely get a re-entry permit. This is especially required for those that stay outside the USA for more than 1 year. They're valid in general for 2 years from the date it's issued.

You can apply for it here: https://www.uscis.gov/i-131

Under Part 2. Application Type, the one you want to select is 1a - I am a Permanent Resident or Conditional Resident of the United States, and I am applying for a reentry permit.

Ensure you read the instructions for the form if you're unsure.
    Last edited by Tezza; 07-16-2018, 04:05 PM.
    Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
    4-12: Arrived in Chicago
    4-14: Picked up by USCIS
    4-19: Email & text notifications received
    4-23: I-797 Receipts received
    4-27: Biometrics notice received
    5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
    5-11: Biometrics completed
    6-04: Interview scheduled
    6-09: Received interview letter
    7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
    7-13: Card was Mailed
    7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

Originally posted by Tezza View Post
      If she doesn't know how long she will be out, you should definitely get a re-entry permit. This is especially required for those that stay outside the USA for more than 1 year. They're valid in general for 2 years from the date it's issued.

Under Part 2. Application Type, the one you want to select is 1a - I am a Permanent Resident or Conditional Resident of the United States, and I am applying for a reentry permit.

Thank you for reply and information.

Comment

Originally posted by Tezza View Post

I also will assume that we would have to pay $660 ($575 application fee + $85 biometrics fee) ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X