Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temporary I-551 stamp while pending N 400

Hello,

I am a Permanent Resident with Green Card Expiring on October 2018. I filed my N - 400 application on January 2018 (more than 8 months before expiration of green card).
    I still have not received my interview call. Since I want to travel in December 2018, I was thinking about getting a I - 551 temporary evidence stamp on my passport. Is it possible to get it? or Do I need to file I-90 (Green Card Renewal ) to get that stamp. I want to see if I can avoid filling I-90 and save $500-$600.

Thank You,
    Shalini

Originally posted by shalini1 View Post
    Hello,

I am a Permanent Resident with Green Card Expiring on October 2018. I filed my N - 400 application on January 2018 (more than 8 months before expiration of green card).
    I still have not received my interview call. Since I want to travel in December 2018, I was thinking about getting a I - 551 temporary evidence stamp on my passport. Is it possible to get it? or Do I need to file I-90 (Green Card Renewal ) to get that stamp. I want to see if I can avoid filling I-90 and save $500-$600.

Thank You,
    Shalini
    Yes, you should be able to get an I-551 stamp because you have N-400 pending.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Hello,

Thank You,
      Shalini
      did you have a 2 years or 10 years Green Card?

Comment

Hello,

Thank You,
        Shalini
        With a pending N-400 you can get the I-551 stamp. You should be able to schedule an infopass appointment to get it.
        Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
        4-12: Arrived in Chicago
        4-14: Picked up by USCIS
        4-19: Email & text notifications received
        4-23: I-797 Receipts received
        4-27: Biometrics notice received
        5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
        5-11: Biometrics completed
        6-04: Interview scheduled
        6-09: Received interview letter
        7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
        7-13: Card was Mailed
        7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

Originally posted by Tezza View Post
          With a pending N-400 you can get the I-551 stamp. You should be able to schedule an infopass appointment to get it.
          Hello,

My sister's 10 years card will expire in 3 months and she applied for Naturalization 12 months ago, still no news! In this case, should she renew her green card or she can get info pass to get her passport stamped?

Thank you
          Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
          03/27-2018 AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox.
          03/30- confirmation of delivery to USCIS.
          04/11- Four Email/Text notifications
          04/11- cheques cashed
          04/27- Biometrics appointment received.
          04/27-Courtesy Letter-I-693
          05/02- Biometrics walk-in
          08/01- I-765 New Card being produced
          08/03- We approved your case; I-765 & I-131
          08/08-Combo Card received

Comment

Originally posted by b3b3g1 View Post
            Hello,

My sister's 10 years card will expire in 3 months and she applied for Naturalization 12 months ago, still no news! In this case, should she renew her green card or she can get info pass to get her passport stamped?

Thank you
            She should get an I-551 stamp.

Applying to renew her green card costs $540 and takes a year, during which time if she needs proof of permanent residency she would still need to get an I-551 stamp.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by b3b3g1 View Post
              Hello,

Thank you
              She can go to any of the offices that pop up when she enters her zip code on the infopass page. For example: when I enter my zip code, the minneapolis field office and 3 other offices come up (South Dakota, North Dakota and Duluth). You can get the I-551 stamp at any of the 4, but the MSP office is the main one where the interviews take place. You also have to bring 2 passport photos and the green card, the receipt for the N-400. Their time is limited, so you want to make it easy for them to be sure that what you're saying is true.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X