Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Validation error for i751

Hi, everyone,
    My 2 year conditional green cars expires on sept-12-2018.
    85 days prior to that I send them all required documents like tax return, travel tickets, pictures etc.
    Withing 3 weeks i received a receipt saying that my status is extended by 18 months and they will send me date for fingerprints
    Ever since then when i check my case status it show "validation error" and I called them. The agent basically did not tell me anything rather than to call again and hope the glitch can clear up. I dont think this is glitch in a website of that rang and keep going on for month.
    From what i see whats going on with the immigration reform and way worse cases than mine, I am a little bit worried what can happen in result of dragging forever.
    I still have some time but it is passing by and for a month now i have not received a letter for fingerprints or anything else. And I am plannig soon to change our
    address but we will move withing the Chicagoland area where we are to begin with, and it is big city with many immigrants. When i obtained the green card it took very short time comparing to now.

Is anyone having/had that experience and what happened to your cases?
    Thank you

Originally posted by gag4o View Post
    Hi, everyone,
    85 days prior to that I send them all required documents like tax return, travel tickets, pictures etc.
    Withing 3 weeks i received a receipt saying that my status is extended by 18 months and they will send me date for fingerprints
    Ever since then when i check my case status it show "validation error" and I called them. The agent basically did not tell me anything rather than to call again and hope the glitch can clear up. I dont think this is glitch in a website of that rang and keep going on for month.
    From what i see whats going on with the immigration reform and way worse cases than mine, I am a little bit worried what can happen in result of dragging forever.
    I still have some time but it is passing by and for a month now i have not received a letter for fingerprints or anything else. And I am plannig soon to change our
    address but we will move withing the Chicagoland area where we are to begin with, and it is big city with many immigrants. When i obtained the green card it took very short time comparing to now.

Thank you
    There is a huge backlog and yes, current immigration policies and the attitude towards immigrants makes this whole process slower than ever. However, although the wait could be long, you won't lose your PR status during this process because you filed within 90 days before the expiry of your conditional card. You now have 18 months extension and, hopefully this won't happen, but if after 18 months you still don't have a 10 year card, you will receive another extension.
    Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
    4-12: Arrived in Chicago
    4-14: Picked up by USCIS
    4-19: Email & text notifications received
    4-23: I-797 Receipts received
    4-27: Biometrics notice received
    5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
    5-11: Biometrics completed
    6-04: Interview scheduled
    6-09: Received interview letter
    7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
    7-13: Card was Mailed
    7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

Hi, everyone,

Thank you
      From what I remember, the case number that came with the I-751 receipt cannot be used to check case status. When you get your biometrics notice, it will have two case numbers on it, an "I-751" case number and a "CRI-89" case number; only the "CRI-89" case number can be used to check the case status.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you so much for the information from both replies. It makes sense now

Comment

Hi, everyone,

Thank you
          Well, you can always apply for citizenship 90 days before your 3rd anniversary as a conditional permanent resident who has been married for those 3 years to a US citizen who has been a citizen for those 3 years of marriage.

Change of address. It's best to do the change of address in this order:
          1. 45 days before your move - USPS change of address.
          2. 30 days before your move - File AR-11 online. You might be better off calling USCIS. They've had issues with the AR-11

I realize the USCIS website states that you can file your change of address no later than 10 days after you move. Well, that's how problems arise. It's best to file the USPS first. Doing so registers you to receive mail at that address. Otherwise, if you are not registered to receive mail at that address, USCIS will not confirm your AR-11. Not surprisingly, they use the USPS system to verify that you are registered to receive mail at that address.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X