Renewing conditional GC late & from abroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renewing conditional GC late & from abroad

I am married to a US citizen and I received my two-year green card on July 16, 2016. The card expired on July 16, 2018, and on that day I moved out of the US to temporarily relocate to London. Given that we plan to travel to the US but not to reside there in the foreseeable future, would you advise me to renew my expired green card now, two months after the expiration date, and from abroad?

If so, can this done using form I-751 (attaching the relevant RFE documents and using my UK address)?

Originally posted by Sofbian View Post
    I am married to a US citizen and I received my two-year green card on July 16, 2016. The card expired on July 16, 2018, and on that day I moved out of the US to temporarily relocate to London. Given that we plan to travel to the US but not to reside there in the foreseeable future, would you advise me to renew my expired green card now, two months after the expiration date, and from abroad?

If so, can this done using form I-751 (attaching the relevant RFE documents and using my UK address)?
    A joint petition for Removal of Conditions (joint meaning that you are still married and you and your spouse are both signing it) is only accepted late if you can provide a good reason why it's late.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X