Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mediclaim/health insurance for new GC holders (NJ)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mediclaim/health insurance for new GC holders (NJ)

me(58)+wife(54)+child(22) are GC holders since sept18
    currently residing in nj (relative's house)
    no significant income as of now.

where & how do we get paid health insurance/mediclaim (should cover hospitalisation/surgery/accidents/injuries/xray...)
    we have no prior illness/hospitalisation

1. what would be monthly/yearly premium (ball park) for us to pay - for all 3 of us combined.

2. would it be cashless (as in: if hospitalised, zero/nominal payment is to be made by us, the insurance company takes care of the payment to the hospital)

3. does the policy cover visit/payments to doctors/labs

4. what is not covered

OR

are we (all 3 of us) eligible for free health insurance?

Need to know a little more about you

Originally posted by auditorpnine View Post
    me(58)+wife(54)+child(22) are GC holders since sept18
    currently residing in nj (relative's house)
    no significant income as of now.

where & how do we get paid health insurance/mediclaim (should cover hospitalisation/surgery/accidents/injuries/xray...)
    we have no prior illness/hospitalisation

1. what would be monthly/yearly premium (ball park) for us to pay - for all 3 of us combined.

2. would it be cashless (as in: if hospitalised, zero/nominal payment is to be made by us, the insurance company takes care of the payment to the hospital)

3. does the policy cover visit/payments to doctors/labs

4. what is not covered

OR

A lot of what you ask depends on different things. How did you get your green card? Who sponsored you etc.
    Most of us get our health insurance through our jobs. You would need what is called a family plan. Health care is not free in the US. if you sign up for a state sponsored plan and do not pay anything it might be considered a public charge and you might get yourself in a bind with your green card or whoever sponsored you. Hard to say would be based on your circumstances. Best way is to get a job that offers benefits and sign on with a family plan. This should be an interesting topic.
    4-18-18 PD
    4-29-18 Finger Print fee was received
    9-26-18 I-765 and I-131 Approved
    10-02-18 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office (sent to Lawyer) Day 167
    10-03-18 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview Day 168
    10-05-18 your case has been scheduled for a interview. Day 170
    11-13-18 Interview
    11-13-18 New card being produced
    11-15-18 I130 and I485 Approved
    11-20-18 Card Mailed

Comment

Originally posted by bobm445 View Post
      A lot of what you ask depends on different things. How did you get your green card? Who sponsored you etc.
      Most of us get our health insurance through our jobs. You would need what is called a family plan. Health care is not free in the US. if you sign up for a state sponsored plan and do not pay anything it might be considered a public charge and you might get yourself in a bind with your green card or whoever sponsored you. Hard to say would be based on your circumstances. Best way is to get a job that offers benefits and sign on with a family plan. This should be an interesting topic.
      thanks bobm445:

but regretfully, your reply is not congruent to my query.
      i never asked for a free/state sponsored plan.
      **i asked much would it cost my family for the health insurance premium (ball park) in nj/usa**
      will HAVE TO PAY whatever it costs.
      (if i do not have a job as of now, does that mean i would get even any PAID health insurance for my family)

regarding GC : it is F3 category.

Comment

There is no set price, I pay 460 a month thru my employer.

thanks bobm445:

**i asked much would it cost my family for the health insurance premium (ball park) in nj/usa**
        (if i do not have a job as of now, does that mean i would get even any PAID health insurance for my family)

4-18-18 PD
        11-13-18 Interview
        11-20-18 Card Mailed

Comment

Originally posted by bobm445 View Post
          There is no set price, I pay 460 a month thru my employer.
          hypothetically, you do not have a job, but, still have to get health insurance, how much would it cost you. (i assume you a gc holder)
          would it be more than $460 a month (would there be a deductible)
          (can one pay lump sum for a year instead of monthly)
          would it cover any/all - hospitalisation/surgery/accidents/injuries/xray...
          and, is there a cap to the medical bill/charges the insurance pays out.

a simpler question:
          if we (all 3 of us) were to get PAID health insurance in nj, would it cost us $800-1000 a month or more...

(i read somewhere, all health insurance company premiums are supposed to be the same amount)

Comment

check out these guys, Healthcare.gov . rates go by income. deductibles depend upon the plan you buy and your financial situation.
            My brother was self employed and paid 2000 a month for his family of 4 in a private health plan. His deductibles were high
            I was employed by my city and I paid 460 a month for my family of 6. My Deductibles were low. plans are tailored to what your employer wants and what he wants to pay.
            This is why it is so hard to answer your questions. Go to healthcare.gov and run the numbers
            Right now I am a USC married to a green card holder and we are insured through my employer.

hypothetically, you do not have a job, but, still have to get health insurance, how much would it cost you. (i assume you a gc holder)
            would it be more than $460 a month (would there be a deductible)
            (can one pay lump sum for a year instead of monthly)
            would it cover any/all - hospitalisation/surgery/accidents/injuries/xray...
            and, is there a cap to the medical bill/charges the insurance pays out.

a simpler question:
            if we (all 3 of us) were to get PAID health insurance in nj, would it cost us $800-1000 a month or more...

(i read somewhere, all health insurance company premiums are supposed to be the same amount)
            Last edited by bobm445; 11-30-2018, 09:55 AM.
            4-18-18 PD
            11-13-18 Interview
            11-20-18 Card Mailed

Comment

thanks bobm445:

4. what is not covered

OR

Umm you blatantly just asked if you were eligible for free health insurance, so we answer accordingly.
              Last edited by krypton9591; 11-30-2018, 07:31 PM.
              This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X