Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entering after multiple trip outside in one year

Please help!!
    I have applied and got approved for my GC in 2018 through my marriage to my husband who lives in the US. Entered the US in October, stayed for a few weeks and came back to my country. I then went back to the US again in this May and again stayed for a few weeks and came back to my country.
    The first time (Oct), I was let in without any issue, but the last time in May, I was warned at the booth, told that "I can't keep doing this- coming back every 7 months or so.", but eventually let in after a few minute long questions.

This time I am scared, because I am traveling after less than but close to 4 months of staying outside of the US. (Planning to leave Sept 1st)
    I have legit reasons to this- our daughter. My daughter is now registered at the public school in the US starting from September, but until then, we as parents decided to keep her at the current school in my home town because this would be her last time spending time here, so that she can keep the language better.
    We did not want to put her in the local school because we intended to move out, and just did not want her to go through too much drastic change in short period of time.

Another reason is my mother, who is living alone and has depression, also our family member suspect that she has light dementia (I cannot get any medical notes from any doctor because she refuses to go to doctors.) I had to wait for my sibling to move back to my hometown so that I can leave, since my mother needs someone to look after her (I live a few houses away from her). My sibling will move back in July and I can then pack up and move...
    I haven't technically been outside of the US over a year since my GC was granted in Oct, but I guess I have been outside for 10 months in total or so.
    I am scared that they will take away my GC because of my situation. I do have my daughter who is only 5 and a US citizen- who is starting school soon, as well as my husband who is a US citizen. I have a contracted job in the US I work remotely, my husband has been filing tax jointly, bank account, health insurance under my husband's name and a US cell number which my husband has kept for me for years while I was away. I do intend to live in the US but I had to take careful steps to make sure my daughter is not going through too much change at a time, and I feel like I neglected to concern about my GC status.
    I have read many threads that I should be able to show my ties to the US, but I am simply just scared that they will take away my GC because of the fact that I have been warned already once and I am going to be away from my daughter.

Should I be THIS concerned? or should i be fine if I prepare?

The warning was for "coming back every 7 months or so", I don't think you will have problems this time (close to 4 months). You can easily show ties to US and explain your situation if they ask about it. Good luck.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X