Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Received "Request For Applicant To Appear For Initial Interview" After Green Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received "Request For Applicant To Appear For Initial Interview" After Green Card

Hi!

I finally got my green card a couple months ago, today however received an I-797 for Case Type I485 Application To Register Permanent Residence Or Adjust Status, "Request For Applicant To Appear For Initial Interview". It's exactly the same letter I received before I had my green card interview, and I'm assuming it's just a clerical error? But I'm now freaking out!! Has anyone else experienced this? I'm on hold with USCIS right now, but any help anyone else may have would be hugely appreciated!

We finally thought we were over the biggest hurdles and now this!
    Thanks so much!

This week I have read the same 3 or 4 times from different people. If you have your GC then doesn't make sense to receive a letter for an interview. I'm sure is just an error. Good luck.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Hi, Hollymae,
      I'm just wondering how your issue with the second Request for an Interview was resolved? Did you have to go to a USCIS office? I've just received the same request after getting my green card about a month ago. they are scheduling an initial interview again that makes no sense. I'm trying to find any information on this. Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X