Mistake in document taken during interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistake in document taken during interview

Can anyone help me with this? I may be overthinking, but I am still a little concerned if this could affect my future green card renewal.

I had my 485 interview (EB3) a few days ago. Before interview, I prepared a list of arrival/departure dates since I came to US, with VISA status along with the dates. That was just to provide a clear picture of the activities so it would be easier to communicate during the interview. Then the interview officer took that list and kept it with my file. I told her during the interview that the dates may not be precise.

My green card just got approved, but literally that same hour it occurred to me, that I had a mistake on that list, where I wrote H1B for a company's entire duration but actually the first 8 months was F1/OPT.

Now I am worried, after 5 years if I want to apply for citizen, or 10 years if I want to renew my green card, would that mistake be considered "lying"?
    P.S. that list was a print out from excel, no signature or anything from me

I may be overthinking (I am a super duper worrier), but just want to hear different thought on this

I don't think they will go that much in details. In case they do, you can explain it. Can you please share your interview experience? I have interview coming up, so I want to know what questions are usually asked. Thanks
    03/05/2019 Filed concurrently EB3 Regular
    05/20/2019 Receipt Notice received
    06/21/2019 i-140 approved
    8/9/2019 Case transfer to NBC notice received
    8/24/2019 Biometrics appointment 09/05/2019
    8/30/2019 RFE for my wife, Courtesy letter for me
    9/16/2019 Interview Ready for Schedule
    9/17/2019 Interview Scheduled
    9/21/2019 Interview scheduled for October 28th
    10/17/2019 EAD approved
    10/24/2019 EAD/AP received
    10/28/2019 Interview Completed
    11/25/19 New card being produced

Comment

My interview was pretty routine. The IO asked for my passports, ID, and then started to go through 485. Address, employment history, what do I do, my past employment (seems try to understand why I could do my current job) etc...I wasn't asked for tax documents. My case was simple, I have no family, I have not changed employer, so it was straightforward. In the end I was told the decision couldn't be made, and the decision was likely to be made in next month or two. But my online status changed to card produced four days after. Good luck on your interview!

Just a follow up question to my situation, if I want to have a peace of mind, is info pass something I could use to retrieve that list from the field office? Or is it even possible?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by greencard_123 View Post
        My interview was pretty routine. The IO asked for my passports, ID, and then started to go through 485. Address, employment history, what do I do, my past employment (seems try to understand why I could do my current job) etc...I wasn't asked for tax documents. My case was simple, I have no family, I have not changed employer, so it was straightforward. In the end I was told the decision couldn't be made, and the decision was likely to be made in next month or two. But my online status changed to card produced four days after. Good luck on your interview!

Just a follow up question to my situation, if I want to have a peace of mind, is info pass something I could use to retrieve that list from the field office? Or is it even possible?

Thanks
        You are not getting it back and it is irrelevant to your future GC renewal. Relax and just enjoy your GC

Comment

Originally posted by greencard_123 View Post

Thanks
          Think of everything you send to USCIS or leave at a USCIS office as a deep dark black hole. Nothing ever leaves USCIS.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X