Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about i-751 form and Cover letter

Hello Everyone,

I'm getting ready to submit my I-751 form with bone fide evidence, but I have 2 questions, one is about i-751 form the other is about cover letter.

1) When I fill out the form I'm the petitioner to remove condition. Do I understand this correctly?
    2) I have looked online for sample cover letters for i-751, but I can't understand why on the cover letter petitioner is the spouse and not the person who is removing the condition. I guess what i'm trying to say is why on the form I'm the petitioner to remove conditions, but on the cover letters that I have found spouses are the petitioners. Can someone explain this to me?

3) side questions... is the fee still $595 filling fee for i-751 and $85 for biometeric, which comes to $680, also when are the fees going up if anyone knows?

Thank you for any information about my questions.
    Last edited by Sebat4; 12-09-2019, 12:26 AM.

The reason for your confusion is because both the petitioner and beneficiary must fill out the I-751 jointly to remove conditions. So, both of your information and signatures will be on it. That was the whole point of the conditional green card.
    1. You both. Petitioner on some parts, beneficiary on other.
    2. Technically your spouse is removing conditions but you're filing jointly so you must be included. This is how the USCIS knows your case is indeed bona fide.
    3. Yes, fee is required
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sebat4 View Post
      Hello Everyone,

I'm getting ready to submit my I-751 form with bone fide evidence, but I have 2 questions, one is about i-751 form the other is about cover letter.

1) When I fill out the form I'm the petitioner to remove condition. Do I understand this correctly?
      2) I have looked online for sample cover letters for i-751, but I can't understand why on the cover letter petitioner is the spouse and not the person who is removing the condition. I guess what i'm trying to say is why on the form I'm the petitioner to remove conditions, but on the cover letters that I have found spouses are the petitioners. Can someone explain this to me?

3) side questions... is the fee still $595 filling fee for i-751 and $85 for biometeric, which comes to $680, also when are the fees going up if anyone knows?

Thank you for any information about my questions.
      Assuming that you're the conditional permanent resident, yes, you're the "petitioner". When it mentions "petitioner" on the I-751 form, it's about you. Your US citizen spouse is the "spouse".

It's one check for $680. The fees are going up, but it may be another year before they do.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you very much for the information.

Comment

One more question,

When you send copies of the bills do you just send the first page of the bill that shows joint account or both names or do you send the whole bill the way it arrives in the mail?

Comment

You can show any page that has both of your names on it. The point is that you're showing that you're lives are intertwined. If you both are listed on bills, mortgages, health insurance, those sort of things are helpful to demonstrate proof of a bona fide marriage.
            --Good luck--
            Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X