Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjustment of status for minors

hi All,

I want to adjust my minor children's status. they are under 14. I want to send in their application along with my removal of conditions petition. i and my husband are filing jointly. will my kids be invited for an interview? When we applied for my own adjustment of status, interview was in few minutes and i got approval immediately. Now if i apply to remove the conditions and also add my children forms will they call them for interview?

So the children don't have green cards at all? (i.e. you want them to apply for Adjustment of Status, not Removal of Conditions, right?) They are in the US? In what status? Are you petitioning your kids with a new I-130, or are they going to be derivative beneficiaries of your I-130?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

they have B1/B2 visa NOT a green card. this is the first time i would be applying for adjustment of status, they are in the US, NewYork. their step dad who is a US citizen will be petitioning with a new I-130.

Comment

Originally posted by newest2020 View Post
        hi All,

I want to adjust my minor children's status. they are under 14. I want to send in their application along with my removal of conditions petition. i and my husband are filing jointly. will my kids be invited for an interview? When we applied for my own adjustment of status, interview was in few minutes and i got approval immediately. Now if i apply to remove the conditions and also add my children forms will they call them for interview?
        You can not send along with your removal of conditions. Your husband will have to send a separate petition for each of the kids, since they are under 14 they wont be required to do bio metrics.

The required forms are - i-130, i-485, i-693, i-864.

The i-131 ( Advance parole) and i-765 ( employment authorization - they are too young to work but you need it to get them social security numbers) are optional.
        Last edited by azblk; 01-15-2020, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Thank you, so will they be invited for an interview?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X