Filed I-751. No receipt or extension letter received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filed I-751. No receipt or extension letter received

Hi everyone! I sent my form I-751 to Texas and it was received on May 28, 2020. I have still not received a receipt and the 18 month extension letter (are these just 1 document or 2 separate documents?) My deadline to apply was July 24.

I called USCIS on June 23 because I had no confirmation that my application was received. They confirmed that it was and was able to give me my receipt number so I could track case online. I was also told to email lockbox support to request my receipt and extension. I have still not received a response to that email.

After reading through the messages on this forum, I realized I could also submit an online notice that I had not received my documents. The online form can be found at egov.uscis.gov. I submitted the request on June 28 and I still have not received a response from that e-request.

On June 29 I decided to be as detailed as possible so I called USCIS again and they told me to expect a call back within 5 days so they can schedule an appointment where I can go in person to receive a I-551 stamp. Unfortunately I never got that call back either.

Guys I am anxious, frustrated and exhausted. Especially with news of 70% of USCIS employees possibly being furloughed, I’m worried I won’t get the extension in time and I will end up loosing my job and driver’s license. Does anyone know of anything else I can do? Has anyone received a response from any of these avenues? Has anyone received a receipt after filing in Texas during May? Any information about how this halt on green card application will impact i-751 applications? I’m also in Atlanta, anyone filing from here?

It sounds like Texas is a complete mess at the moment. All of the problems I have read on this forum seem to be faced by individuals who filed at Texas, while those (like myself) who filed at Pheonix are having few problems. You might want to reach out to one of your U.S. Senators to request their assistance.

Comment

As for your job, your employer is NOT supposed to re-verify you when your green card expires, if you presented a 2-year green card for your I-9 when you started work.

Must I reverify an employee who presented for Form I-9 a Permanent Resident Card that expires in two years and contains conditions?

No, you should not reverify this employee. For more information, refer to the M-274 Part 2, Reverification and Evidence of Status for Certain Categories.
      What state are you in? Does your state have driver's licenses that don't require legal presence documents?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Yes I’ll be looking into how to contact a senator about this issue

Comment

newacct WOW this is some useful information. I live in Georgia but my company is based in California and they have been asking me to redo the i9 verification again as soon as my expiration date was approaching. I’ll definitely do more research and reach out to HR. Thank you for that information.
          I have always been required to show my immigration documents when I renew my driver’s license. Here in Georgia, they matched my driver’s license expiration date to my green card expiration date.

Comment

Originally posted by wolf0226 View Post
            newacct WOW this is some useful information. I live in Georgia but my company is based in California and they have been asking me to redo the i9 verification again as soon as my expiration date was approaching. I’ll definitely do more research and reach out to HR. Thank you for that information.
            I have always been required to show my immigration documents when I renew my driver’s license. Here in Georgia, they matched my driver’s license expiration date to my green card expiration date.
            Georgia doesn't have driver's licenses for people who don't have legal presence documents.

Another option for the I-9 is, before your driver's license expires, to re-do your I-9 now using your unrestricted Social Security card (if you got your Social Security card after you became a permanent resident, it will be unrestricted), which is a List C document, and your driver's license, which is a List B document.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Hey everyone! I wanted to post an update to my case. After all my attempts to get a hold of my receipt and extension, I was finally able to speak to a Tier 2 officer who gave me an Infopass appointment at the Atlanta USCIS office. I was thankfully given a I-551 stamp!
              I also got a response to my Non-delivery of Notice request that stated my extension letter was mailed out. Of course the extension letter no longer applies since I have the I-551 stamp. Nevertheless I’ll keep it for my records. I’m so relieved!
              Thank you all for your input and advice. I wish you all success.

Comment

Originally posted by wolf0226 View Post
                Hey everyone! I wanted to post an update to my case. After all my attempts to get a hold of my receipt and extension, I was finally able to speak to a Tier 2 officer who gave me an Infopass appointment at the Atlanta USCIS office. I was thankfully given a I-551 stamp!
                I also got a response to my Non-delivery of Notice request that stated my extension letter was mailed out. Of course the extension letter no longer applies since I have the I-551 stamp. Nevertheless I’ll keep it for my records. I’m so relieved!
                Thank you all for your input and advice. I wish you all success.
                Congratulation. , I am also waiting for my receipt
                Marriage based AOS
                Service Center : NBC
                Application centre : Boston
                PD:130,131,765 &485 : Dec, 8,20 7.
                Bio-metrics : January 2,2018.
                First SR :February 25,2018 (Day 79)
                Second SR : March 7, 2018 (Day 89)
                Card bn produced : 3/23/18
                Card received 3/30/18
                Case ready 2 b scheduled for AOS interview 6/20/18
                Interview scheduled:September 10&noticed received August 10
                Interview date: 9/10/18
                Approval letter received :9/14/18
                Card was mailed to me: 9/14/18
                Green card received : 9/19/18

Comment

Good day all , I just got this message today regarding my application . My application was received June 24th and I am yet to receive the receipt and extension letter .
                  As of July 14, 2020, fingerprints relating to your Form I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE, Receipt Number EAC YYYY YYYY XX have been applied to your case. If you move, go to www.usc
                  Marriage based AOS
                  Card received 3/30/18

Comment

Originally posted by Godobo View Post
                    Good day all , I just got this message today regarding my application . My application was received June 24th and I am yet to receive the receipt and extension letter .
                    As of July 14, 2020, fingerprints relating to your Form I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE, Receipt Number EAC YYYY YYYY XX have been applied to your case. If you move, go to www.usc
                    That's awesome. Did you send your application to TX or AZ?

Comment

josger =josger;n737528]

That's awesome. Did you send your application to TX or AZ? [/QUOTE]

@ Josger, TX
                      Marriage based AOS
                      Card received 3/30/18

Comment

Godobo I sent mine to AZ. Still waiting for the paper receipt. Keep us updated! Thanks

Comment

Hi everyone ,
                          I received my receipt today and it was issued on the 15th of July.
                          Marriage based AOS
                          Card received 3/30/18

Comment

Congratulations to receive the stamp and notifications.
                            I am planning to file Early August to TX faciliity.
                            I have quick question: which courier service I should use in order to get quick reply,USPS & FedEx? [I know silly question but I would prefer to follow your footsteps for this process]
                            Please guide.

Also if you have attached statements. How many statements have you attached? 24 months or 3 recent months or 3 random months?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

I used usps and it was delivered in 48 hours . Please don’t use random statement , if you can print up to a year or more statement , please do . If you can’t , at least 6 months will suffice. I printed and attached 2 years bank statement.
                              Marriage based AOS
                              Card received 3/30/18

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X