Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce after filing I-751 jointly

Hello everyone,

I have been reading this forum since the start of my journey in 2016 when I got married to my USC spouse. Everything was wonderful and we lived with his family for a year to get on our feet since we were both young at the time (23 and 25) and then leased our own apartment. However, my soon-to-be-ex-husband has requested a divorce after we filed jointly in October 2019. Before I was able to submit a request to switch to a waiver, I received a RFE in August to supplement our jointly filed I-751. We do not have children or a house, but I've compiled an extensive list with bank statements, joint tax returns, joint insurance and letters from friends. He has written a notarized letter as an affidavit signifying we had plans for a future together. I will also be requesting letters from the two therapists I have been seeing for our marriage problems. I've been diagnosed with major depression due to the marital problems and subsequent divorce and have been prescribed medication to help minimize the negative impact the divorce has taken upon my everyday life and work.

In addition to the evidence I will be submitting for the RFE, I will also be including a written letter to request a waiver based on termination of the marriage. He filed a "no-fault" divorce, and I declined all spousal support/401k benefits and such, as I don't have any interest in the money, I just wished we could have continue to build a life together.

Anyway, I apologize for the long post. I have been stressing every day and worry about my status here. Please give opinions/advice.

Thank you!

Hi. May I ask what are the documents you sent along with the i751 petition? thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X