removal of conditions approved and recieved new card today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by absolutegame View Post
    Wow, I'm really jealous. I filed in December 2019 and it's been 398 days now with no word of biometrics skipped or case transferred. My case is at the Nebraska Service Center.
    I am so sorry and will be sending many lucky vibes yours way!!! Heres hoping that something will change very soon. Have you tried reaching out or anything?

Comment

Thank you, no I haven't reached out yet because the processing times are 14 to 28.5 months at the Nebraska Service Center. Where would I reach out to even?

Comment

Thank you, no I haven't reached out yet because the processing times are 14 to 28.5 months at the Nebraska Service Center. Where would I reach out to even?
        wow that is a long processing window. I remember when first applying for a GC people on this forum would contact their local senator and that would push it along if they had been waiting for over a year, but I think they had at least hit the lower number processing time. If you have literally not heard anything or received anything in the next month or so it might be worth reaching out to your senator. Feel free to use my case that only took 3 months and was sent in and completed throughout the whole covid pandemic to show that other cases are also being completed efficiently. However I completely understand if you don't want to do anything that drastic though. umm did you sign up for the online account where you can check case status? A lot of my updates came from that rather than letters in the post.

Comment

Originally posted by okccanary View Post

wow that is a long processing window. I remember when first applying for a GC people on this forum would contact their local senator and that would push it along if they had been waiting for over a year, but I think they had at least hit the lower number processing time. If you have literally not heard anything or received anything in the next month or so it might be worth reaching out to your senator. Feel free to use my case that only took 3 months and was sent in and completed throughout the whole covid pandemic to show that other cases are also being completed efficiently. However I completely understand if you don't want to do anything that drastic though. umm did you sign up for the online account where you can check case status? A lot of my updates came from that rather than letters in the post.
          Thanks, yeah I signed up for the online account which back with my initial GC showed a lot more updates than the normal case status or what I got in the mail. Will take your advice and wait until it hits at least the lower limit of the processing time and reach out to them to ask about Biometrics and Case Status.

Comment

Thanks, yeah I signed up for the online account which back with my initial GC showed a lot more updates than the normal case status or what I got in the mail. Will take your advice and wait until it hits at least the lower limit of the processing time and reach out to them to ask about Biometrics and Case Status.
            Sounds like a plan. It definitely seemed like cases where Senators "began to look into it" were bumped to the top. I will be sending lucky vibes your way.

Comment

Wow, that’s crazy long! I guess I’m on a similar boat with the California Service Center, 6 months and counting...
              Probably will be applying for naturalization before hearing anything about the I-797.

Comment

As per January 14 my card is in production! 260 days since filing from Philadelphia (Nebraska office I guess). Fingerprints waived, no interview necessary. I'm very happy!
                Filing Type: Concurrent I-130, I-130A I-485 (I-693 + I-864), I-765
                Package Sent: 3/12
                PD: 3/14/
                Checks Cashed: 3/27
                NoAs via Email/Texts: 3/27
                NoAs via Mail: 3/30
                Biometric letter: 4/5
                Biometric: 4/18
                Ready to be schedule for an interview 4/24
                Interview was scheduled 5/22
                Letter for interview received 5/26
                Interview schedule for 6/26 @12.30 pm
                Green card approved after interview
                Green Card being printed 6/27
                Green Card received on July 5. Total of 115 Days since PD

Comment

I submitted my application for removal of conditions in May 2019 but i never heard anything for biometrics or interview schedule.
                  My 18months extension expired took appointment for stamp in passport but officer said case is under 18months to 24months.
                  Really long wait is this just me or common.

Thank You
                  Kumar

Comment

That sucks I am really sorry to hear that!! I am not really sure what to suggest as you are not far away from hitting that 24 month date. I remember some people reaching out to their local senator when they also had similar long waits and that definitely seems to nudge things along to the next step. Although totally understand if you don't want to do that and I guess the other option is to reach back out to USCIS when you hit 24 months. Was your original Greencard through marriage or work? If Marriage i'm guessing you hit that 3yr requirement before applying for citizenship so it might just be worth starting that if that is something you want!

Comment

Originally posted by kumar09.vm View Post
                      I submitted my application for removal of conditions in May 2019 but i never heard anything for biometrics or interview schedule.
                      My 18months extension expired took appointment for stamp in passport but officer said case is under 18months to 24months.
                      Really long wait is this just me or common.

Thank You
                      Kumar
                      Wow, are you still waiting? Mine was filed in December 2019 and also no word to this day. Was it easy to get the appointment for the passport stamp? My Original Extension Letter Notice of Action will expire at the end of this summer so I want to be prepared.

Comment

Hi Folks

Not sure how but managed to get approval and card in just over 3 months. I live in Oklahoma. I was removing conditions from a 2 year greencard through marriage and my conditional card was expiring on 11/27/2020

9/10/2020 - Sent package off - Phoenix center
                        9/18/2020 - received extension letter
                        10/1/2020 - waived Bios
                        11/10/2020 - Removal Approved
                        11/20/2020 - Received new Green card

I know people always ask so here was my cover letter which also shows what I sent.

"USCIS
                        Attn: I-751
                        1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
                        Suite 100
                        Phoenix, AZ 85034

9/7/2020

Re: I-751 joint petition to remove conditions of status on:

Me: A #number

Dear Sir or Madam:

Enclosed please find the JOINT Form I-751, Petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status for my husband Me.

I am enclosing the following:
                        • Application and Biometric fee - $680
                        • Form I-751
                        • Copy of USCIS Form I-551 (Permanent Resident Card)
                        • Copy of our current joint Car Insurance for the year 2020 (Exhibit 1)
                        • Copy of the title of our car, showing joint ownership (Exhibit 2)
                        • Copy of our airline reservations for a vacation to England to see my family (Exhibit 3)
                        • Copy of our Driving License showing the same residential address (Exhibit 4)
                        • Copy of our credit cards and Bank’s Debit cards and check showing a joint account (Exhibit 5)
                        • Compilation of photos showing trips and family times during the last 2 years (Exhibit 6)
                        • Collection of texts and chats from Family groups (Exhibit 7)
                        • Copy of the Deed to the house showing Joint Tenancy (Exhibit 8)
                        • Copy of my UK Will that is kept at his Family’s Solicitors in the UK (Exhibit 9)
                        • Copy of my USA Will (Exhibit 10)
                        • Copy of Wife's USA Will (Exhibit 11)
                        • Copy of my and Wife's Power of Attorney (Exhibit 12)
                        • Copy of our joint US tax return for the year 2019, 2020 (Exhibit 13)

We are both happily living together and request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my Husband Me.

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I agree to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date, if required. You are always welcome to visit our home should you ever desire to do so.

Yours truly,

Wife"

We have no kids and made our USA Wills and POA

It was free and super easy to do.

My UK my dad made me do through a solicitor, when we went home to visit as my grandparents recently died, so Wills was very much in his mind. Very glad I did that.

Hope this helps. I will be applying for citizenship in a years time when I become eligible
                        Congratulations! Submitting my 751 application soon.

Was yours approved without a 2nd interview?

Comment

Congratulations. Thanks for sharing your case history and cover letter
                          09/19/2019 - Case Approved i130 & i485
                          06/28/2021 - i-751 sent via UPS
                          07/02/2021 - Check was cashed & got receipt number starting SRC
                          07/06/2021 - Received 18 months extension in mail
                          08/16/2021 - biometrics waived; received i797 in mail. Online status still at case received
                          11/20/2021 - Received 24 months extension in mail

Comment

Originally posted by hopefulandhappy View Post

Was yours approved without a 2nd interview?
                            Thanks so much!! My case approved without any interview. I definitely made a strong evidence package when sending in my application. However, It was also during the height of the pandemic so that is more likely the reason why i didn't have an interview. All the best on your journey and good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by tauraos View Post
                              Congratulations. Thanks for sharing your case history and cover letter
                              No worries, happy to help and thank you so much!! Good luck on your journey!!

Comment

Thanks so much!! My case approved without any interview. I definitely made a strong evidence package when sending in my application. However, It was also during the height of the pandemic so that is more likely the reason why i didn't have an interview. All the best on your journey and good luck!!
                                Amazing! Fingers crossed mine will go as smoothly as yours.

By the way, did you have any affidavits from friends/family as evidence? I saw in the instructions that they are an example of evidence (at least 2) but not sure how many I’ll submit…

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X