Help with DS-117 (SB-1) returning US resident application form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with DS-117 (SB-1) returning US resident application form

Hi. I had H1B visa extension before I became a US resident. I traveled a few times after getting my green card. Then, I went to my home country and have been staying there since 2018. Now I want to apply for SB-1 visa and go back to US if possible. I need help with part 8 of DS-117 form (https://eforms.state.gov/Forms/ds117.PDF). Can anyone tell me what information I need to put in these fields, particularly c and d?

8. Previous Immigration Record
    a. DHS "A" Number: [Alien number from my green card]
    b. Immigration Category: [COA code from my I-797]

c. Previous Immigrant Visa

Date of Issue (mm-dd-yyyy): [Which date is this? Is it Valid From Date on my I-797A?]
    Place of Issue: [Is it the city and state where I lived when I received my I-797A?]

d. Adjustment of Status

Date of Adjustment of Status with DHS (IF ANY) (mm-dd-yyyy): [Which date is this? Is it the Issued date on my green card?]
    Place of Adjustment of Status with DHS (IF ANY): [Is this city and state of my physical address written on my green card?]

e. Initial Entry into the United as Lawful Permanent Resident

Date of Issue (mm-dd-yyyy): [Date on "ADMITTED" stamp in my passport, when I FIRST went back to US after becoming a resident]
    Place of Issue: [Place on "ADMITTED" stamp (e.g. NYC) in my passport]

f. Last Entry into the United States as Lawful Permanent Resident

Date of Issue (mm-dd-yyyy): [Date on "ADMITTED" stamp in my passport, when I LAST went back to US after becoming a resident]
    Place of Issue: [Place on "ADMITTED" stamp (e.g. NYC) in my passport]

Hi,

Please share your experience of Returning Resident VIsa and then the steps of the process of Immigration Visa as well as Medical Examination? WHich consulate did you go to?

Thanks,
    Meher Farozan

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X