Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USCIS has sent my GK to my old address. Change of address was filed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS has sent my GK to my old address. Change of address was filed!

Hello immigration community!
    As I've mentioned in the title, I checked my I-751 case status today and it was approved, but they've sent my new green card out to my old address. I've filed the change of address with USCIS, so they knew I moved to a new address. I went to my old address and spoke with the current tenants and they state that they don't have my GK. However the tracking number clearly says it was delivered. What would you suggest me to do?

You need to report it to USCIS right away! That's all you can do for now.

Comment

Originally posted by fitnessmacska View Post
      Hello immigration community!
      As I've mentioned in the title, I checked my I-751 case status today and it was approved, but they've sent my new green card out to my old address. I've filed the change of address with USCIS, so they knew I moved to a new address. I went to my old address and spoke with the current tenants and they state that they don't have my GK. However the tracking number clearly says it was delivered. What would you suggest me to do?

I would reach out to USPS and escalate the situation. Are you in the same area? I would even go to your former post office and ask them to help you find the document. Did you file a change of address with USPS also?

You should also let USCIS know. Hope you can track it down. In the mean time, you can request a I-551 stamp on your passport if you need to travel or if you need to show proof of eligibility for employment.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X