Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My I-751 Is Approved

Hello everyone,

It's been a while. I kind of stopped writing here but I received my 10 years card today and wanted to write here as well. Maybe, I may help other applicants.

I didn't work with any lawyer because this was easier than AOS and I knew what I needed to do. I sent my package to Texas before it was changed. Same-sex marriage and here is my timeline.

June 9, 2020 - Sent my package USPS Overnight
    June 10, 2020 - My package is received
    June 16, 2020 - The check is cashed
    July 6, 2020 - Biometrics reused
    July 10, 2020 - Extension letter is received
    WAITING
    January 20, 2021 - New card is being produced
    January 21, 2021 - Your case is approved
    January 22, 2021 - Card was mailed to me
    January 25, 2021 - Approval notice is received
    January 25, 2021 - Card was picked up by the USPS
    January 26, 2021 - Card is received, in hand

We got no RFE, no interview, or no problems. It took 7 months and 17 days and I think it is pretty fast. The service center was EAC.

I sent a lot of documents and they weighed 8 lbs 11.0 oz. It was heavy. We don't have kids and some people may think having kids is the way of getting the LPR status but some couples just don't have kids. That's why I wanted to send as many papers as possible. Here is what I sent.

1. Marriage certificate
    2. My passport and our IDs
    3. 2017, 2018, 2019 tax returns
    4. Checking, savings, and credit card statements from 3 different banks (sent every 3 months, not all of the statements)
    5. Lease of our apartment we currently live
    6. T-Mobile phone statements
    7. Joint health insurance papers from my spouse
    8. 401k statements that show me as the beneficiary
    9. Renter's insurance papers
    10. Car insurance papers
    11. Copies of celebration cards that we gave each other
    12. Copies of celebration cards that we received from our family and friends
    13. Some special notes we received from our friends and family for taking care of their pets
    14. Travel itineraries
    15. Photos (I started from our 1st photo to the last photo until I sent kind of made a timeline with dates)
    16. Copies of purchases that we've done for our new apartment (we moved in a new apartment by the time I was sending my papers).

We're so glad that it didn't take long, or not needed to do an interview. I could have sent more documents if they asked for RFE because I didn't send everything the first time. I left a few things on purpose.

Other than that, I want to thank the user UScitizenFilingforspouse for adding the whole exhibits and cover letter. I changed the information and it looked sooooo professional! It was great! Thank you very much UScitizenFilingforspouse! You're the best!

I wish everyone an easy process. Hopefully, everyone gets easy, quick, and no pain process with no interview or RFE!
    PD: 08/11/2017
    EAD and SSN: November 2017
    Interview date: 06/27/2018
    I-130 and I-485 approved: 07/02/2018
    GC in hand: 07/05/2018

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X