July 2021 I-751 Filers Removal of Condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

SoleilDeMinuit we got our 24 Month extension letter as well, guess we'll see you on another thread for N400 application next year

Cheers,

07/14/2021 - Mailed I-751
    07/20/2021 - USPS confirmed delivery to USCIS Phoenix, AZ lockbox and signed T. Wright
    08/20/2021 - E-notification for Receipt of 751
    08/27/2021 - Received in Mail the 797 Notice of Action / 18 month extension of Green Card
    09/20/2021 - Received in Mail the Notice of Biometric waived, fingerprint record applied to the 751
    11/09/2021 - Received in Mail the 797 Notice of Action / 24 month extension of Green Card
    Gaps! any thread you recommend for N400? I have been trying to understand the requirements but it is kinda confusing....Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by B_Andie View Post

Gaps! any thread you recommend for N400? I have been trying to understand the requirements but it is kinda confusing....Thanks!
      Hi B-Andie,

I've not checked out any N400 thread yet, but I've checked the N400 requirements and you can let me know which parts are confusing you maybe I can help you out.
      I'm going to prepare my N400 application in about 5 months.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

Hi B-Andie,

I've not checked out any N400 thread yet, but I've checked the N400 requirements and you can let me know which parts are confusing you maybe I can help you out.
        I'm going to prepare my N400 application in about 5 months.

Cheers
        Thank you, Gaps. I am not sure how I need to calculate the day for submitting the N400 form.

You and I have a similar situation. I have done some travelling since I got my GC. Mostly back and forth to center America - exactly 4 months out. I read that as long as I was out <6 months I should be fine to submit this form. I also got my GC a few weeks before you did...Is it 90 days prior to my GC start date? or does it have to be one month after my GC date?

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Check this out to confirm your N400 filing eligibility date

Cheers

Comment

VERY CLEAR! thank you :-)

Comment

Hi all,

Filing at WAC.

July 8, 2021 We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

In the meantime, I received 2 extensions, with the last one being 24 months, alongside a biometrics waiver notice around the same time.

Then yesterday this happened: March 28, 2022 Request for Additional Evidence Was Sent

The latest update is somewhat anxiety-inducing. I didn't receive the RFE letter yet. Hope it is something trivial!

Initially, we sent the following:

• One (1) check over $680 (Application Fee ($595) + Biometric Service Fee ($85))

• Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application-Petition Acceptance.

• Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

• Copy of Immigrant’s Form I-551 (Permanent Resident Card.)

• Evidence of our bona fide relationship (detailed list on page 2)

Evidence:

A. Housing, utilities, etc.

1. Copies of jordi's and spouse's drivers’ licenses (showing same residence)

2. Verizon family plan (showing both our cell numbers)

3. Car insurance cards

4. PGE utility bill (showing both names)

B. Affidavits

1. Affidavit from friend 1

2. Affidavit from friend 2

C. Financial

1. IRS joint tax transcripts for 2018, 2019 and 2020.

2. Joint account bank statements (earliest (03/2018) and latest (06/2021))

D. Insurance

1. spouse's 2019-2021 insurance (showing jordi as dependent)

2. jordi’s 2019 to 2021 insurance (showing spouse as dependent)

3. Copies of insurance cards.

4. jordi’s HSA (showing spouse as the 100% primary beneficiary)

5. Copies of HSA cards

E. Benefits & retirement

1. spouse's Beneficiary Summaries” (showing jordi as the 100% primary beneficiary)

2. jordi’s “Beneficiary Summaries” (showing spousef as the 100% primary beneficiary)

F. Pictures

G. Misc.

1. Past trip to Hawaii: flight itinerary

2. Planed trip to Munich: flight itinerary

Any thoughts and wild guesses on the RFE? Is that common?

All the best,
              Jordi

Comment

Jordi your submission looks quite perfect, I am at a loss as well what the RFE could possibly be about. I can definitely say that there's no point worrying until you receive the letter. Do share back how it goes.
                Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Jordi View Post
                  Hi all,

Filing at WAC.

July 8, 2021 We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

In the meantime, I received 2 extensions, with the last one being 24 months, alongside a biometrics waiver notice around the same time.

Then yesterday this happened: March 28, 2022 Request for Additional Evidence Was Sent

The latest update is somewhat anxiety-inducing. I didn't receive the RFE letter yet. Hope it is something trivial!

Initially, we sent the following:

• One (1) check over $680 (Application Fee ($595) + Biometric Service Fee ($85))

• Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application-Petition Acceptance.

• Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

• Copy of Immigrant’s Form I-551 (Permanent Resident Card.)

• Evidence of our bona fide relationship (detailed list on page 2)

Evidence:

A. Housing, utilities, etc.

1. Copies of jordi's and spouse's drivers’ licenses (showing same residence)

2. Verizon family plan (showing both our cell numbers)

3. Car insurance cards

4. PGE utility bill (showing both names)

B. Affidavits

1. Affidavit from friend 1

2. Affidavit from friend 2

C. Financial

1. IRS joint tax transcripts for 2018, 2019 and 2020.

2. Joint account bank statements (earliest (03/2018) and latest (06/2021))

D. Insurance

1. spouse's 2019-2021 insurance (showing jordi as dependent)

2. jordi’s 2019 to 2021 insurance (showing spouse as dependent)

3. Copies of insurance cards.

4. jordi’s HSA (showing spouse as the 100% primary beneficiary)

5. Copies of HSA cards

E. Benefits & retirement

1. spouse's Beneficiary Summaries” (showing jordi as the 100% primary beneficiary)

2. jordi’s “Beneficiary Summaries” (showing spousef as the 100% primary beneficiary)

F. Pictures

G. Misc.

1. Past trip to Hawaii: flight itinerary

2. Planed trip to Munich: flight itinerary

Any thoughts and wild guesses on the RFE? Is that common?

All the best,
                  Jordi
                  You have a total and complete package. I think your RFE will be something minor.

One question: did you submit your monthly banking statements going back a few years or just a few sample ones? Also, did you include all the pages within the banking statement or just the first page? At this point you should just wait and see what you receive from them. Please do let us know. Thanks.

Comment

Hi all,
                    I just received the RFE letter.

First of all, they listed the initial evidence submitted (a few aren't listed, though).

As expected by some, the evidence regarding joint finances and occupancy is insufficient. They remarked that I only submitted summary pages of our joint accounts and no mortgage/deed/lease.

They want either:

1. Proof of children (we don't have any)

or/and

2. Evidence we live together / co-own, share finically responsibilities etc. (Leases, deeds, mortgages, statements for joint credit cards (we have our own), etc.)*

or/and

3. A copy of our Mariage Certificate (This one strikes me as odd but is an easy fix)

*I am not on the deed and mortgage. Those have been established prior to our marriage. We recently refinanced but didn't change anything deed related and I am not on the mortgage. We share the responsibility financially but I simply wire my wife money each month.

I will call the lawyer I had used to file my adjustment of status on Monday. He, however, said he usually doesn't take on cases he didn't file initially. Well, I wanted to save 1.5k which now bites me in the butt.

Any thoughts?

All the best,
                    Jordi ​​​​​​​

Comment

It looks like you can easily answer the RFE with a cover letter (to explain no children) and attachments of documents that they require. I will just caution you not to provide anything that they did not ask and only write explanations in the cover letter regarding your attached documents.

If you must consult your lawyer, go ahead because you've paid him all that money already and you seem to be willing to fork out some more.

I may have missed it but which processing center are your documents? Hope you can post an update when you can.

And best of luck on the RFE

Cheers

Comment

Hi all,

First of all, they listed the initial evidence submitted (a few aren't listed, though).

As expected by some, the evidence regarding joint finances and occupancy is insufficient. They remarked that I only submitted summary pages of our joint accounts and no mortgage/deed/lease.

They want either:

or/and

2. Evidence we live together / co-own, share finically responsibilities etc. (Leases, deeds, mortgages, statements for joint credit cards (we have our own), etc.)*

or/and

3. A copy of our Mariage Certificate (This one strikes me as odd but is an easy fix)

*I am not on the deed and mortgage. Those have been established prior to our marriage. We recently refinanced but didn't change anything deed related and I am not on the mortgage. We share the responsibility financially but I simply wire my wife money each month.

I will call the lawyer I had used to file my adjustment of status on Monday. He, however, said he usually doesn't take on cases he didn't file initially. Well, I wanted to save 1.5k which now bites me in the butt.

Any thoughts?

All the best,
                        Jordi
                        Seems like easy fix. Write them a cover letter explaining your spouse had purchased your house prior to marriage and therefore your name is not on the deed. I would NOT elaborate beyond that (I would not mention recent refinance). Send them a copy of marriage certificate and also tell them you do not have any children. Use this opportunity to send them additional bank statements/credit card statements to bring them current. Good luck.

Comment

Hi all,

They want either:

or/and

or/and

Any thoughts?

All the best,
                          Jordi
                          • Surprised you are not on the mortgage even though you are wiring the money ? I think you should fix that first - not just for Green Card but even to cover longer term worst case scenarios.
                          • Dont mention the wiring money...it may come across differently. Just mention the house was brought before marriage and hence your name is not on it.
                          • Finances wise can you show utilities bills, savings banks statements which has both of your names ? Easier fix will be get electric / water / trash / gas bill - atleast couple of them in both of your names and send that out as evidence ? This shows legal intention to contribute to bills and merge savings etc. even though your not on mortgage
                          • On the refinance you could have listed yourself as co-owner - this also helps build credit if you are newly in the USA.

Comment

Dear all,
                            Thank you all for your kind replies and great suggestions.

Yesterday, I talked to the lawyer.

He told me that the worst outcome at this time would be a second interview which for [...] you guys will be easy [...].

His recommendation was to send 24 months of utility bills, all the bank statements from our joint account, and our marriage certificate.

The account we share is a savings account in the literal sense. We have been adding money monthly. I wrote a statement, saying we are saving for a house, and added two void checks from our accounts (basically account number matching) so they can see we fed the joint account over the years.

To address the deed/mortgage issue, we can either...

a) add me to the deed if it doesn't have any tax implications, the loaner allows it, and it won't take too long or

b) have my spouse draft a letter stating I am not on the deed because the home was brought many years before our relationship began. We will eventually get me on the deed, as it makes sense, as mentioned by some of you, in the long run.

To clarify, I send my spouse money for the mortgage every month, I do not wire the money to the loan company.

EDIT: We are currently waiting for the loan company to tell us if we can add me to the deed without any ramifications. If that can't be done, we will write a respective statement.

The current list of additional evidence is:
                            1. DEED? --> TBD
                            2. Bank statements for our joint savings account with Bank of America (03/2020 – 03/2022)
                            3. PGE utility bills (05/2020 – 04/2022)
                            4. Invoices and corresponding credit card statements for large household appliances paid for by Jordi:
                              • Dishwasher
                              • Plumbing
                              • Microwave and ******* faucet
                            5. Photocopy of our marriage certificate

All the best,
                            Jordi
                            Last edited by Jordi; 04-07-2022, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Hello Fellow July 2021 Filers,

Any one heard anything yet about their 751 application?
                              Someone in the Texas processing center thread had an approval for removal of conditions at Day 291.
                              Our application is at the Nebraska LIN processing center.
                              Today is Day 292 since filing our 751 on July 2021.

Cheers / Happy Mother's Day

Comment

Hi gaps0214,
                                So far, Nothing new here. I hope all is well. We will send out our response to the RFE later this month.

The package will contain the following:

1. Original RFE
                                2. Statement on why jordi is not on the deed
                                3. Copy of jordi and spouse's Living Trust / Will / Medical Directive
                                4. PGE utility bills (05/2020 – 04/2022)
                                5. Personal umbrella policy renewal declaration
                                6. Bank statements for our joint savings account with Bank of America (03/2020 – 05/2022)
                                7. Invoices and corresponding credit card statements for large household appliances and services paid for by jordi:
                                • Dishwasher
                                • Plumbing
                                • Microwave and ******* faucet
                                8. IRS joint tax transcript for 2021
                                9. Photocopy of our marriage certificate

That should hopefully suffice. If not, I will have to endure yet another interview.

All the best,
                                ​​​​​​​Jordi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X