No announcement yet.

Would really appreciate some advice - i 9 verification no i 751 receipt notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would really appreciate some advice - i 9 verification no i 751 receipt notice

Hi all,

I would really appreciate some advice if anyone is familiar ... I am planning to file my i 751 this week & my 2 year green card is expiring on Oct 9. Unexpectedly, I also just got a job offer & have to start on Oct 25. However I am very worried that I will have trouble with the i9 for the new job, because given the delays w/ i 751 receipt notice I'm not positive I will get it by Oct 25 to prove my status. I've read somewhere maybe I can use my driver license & social security card, however my social security card is restricted "valid only with DHS authorization" ... am really worried wondering if anyone has any experience / advice? THANK YOU!!

Hi,
    If you are not interested to provide documents for List B and C then you can consider providing List A documents.. Particularly you can provide Passport details.
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TPSea View Post
      Hi all,

I would really appreciate some advice if anyone is familiar ... I am planning to file my i 751 this week & my 2 year green card is expiring on Oct 9. Unexpectedly, I also just got a job offer & have to start on Oct 25. However I am very worried that I will have trouble with the i9 for the new job, because given the delays w/ i 751 receipt notice I'm not positive I will get it by Oct 25 to prove my status. I've read somewhere maybe I can use my driver license & social security card, however my social security card is restricted "valid only with DHS authorization" ... am really worried wondering if anyone has any experience / advice? THANK YOU!!

You can update Social Security Administration with your status now and get a Social Security card that doesn't have the text.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by rkk09 View Post
        Hi,
        If you are not interested to provide documents for List B and C then you can consider providing List A documents.. Particularly you can provide Passport details.
        Thanks
        The only List A documents a green card holder can possibly have is an unexpired green card, or an I-551 stamp in their passport.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I removed that restriction on my Social when I got my 2 year green card. Onless you have other reasons why you should not have removed that condition already. You may check if you can change it if applicable and how long that will take to get it back. I went to the Social security office to get that done.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X