Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expired Green Card w/ 18/24 Month Extension Letter and Global Entry

Hi All,

Does someone has experience with an expired green card (with the 18/24 month extension letter) and entering the USA via Global Entry?
    My experience is that the Global Entry machine, works with face recognition, and you don't display/scan the green card.

Would it still work? Or I must use the traditional line with an immigration officer?

Thank you!

NYC, C(9), Same Sex | NOT USING A LAWYER

08/29/18 - Priority Date
    09/04/18 - Credit Card Was Charge
    09/10/18 - 4 NOA Letters
    09/21/18 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Letter
    09/26/18 - Biometrics Walk-In
    09/27/18 - Fingerprint Review Was Completed (I-485 + I-765)
    09/27/18 - Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview (I-485)
    01/16/19 - Case Was Approved (I-765 + I-131)
    01/19/19 - Received Combo Card
    01/23/19 - Received Social Security Card

PM for any question!

I had no issues. My Green card is expired. For some reason GE doesn’t ask me to scan green card anymore. I think I used it too many times haha.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaAnaAOS View Post
      I had no issues. My Green card is expired. For some reason GE doesn’t ask me to scan green card anymore. I think I used it too many times haha.
      Thank you!
      NYC, C(9), Same Sex | NOT USING A LAWYER

08/29/18 - Priority Date
      09/04/18 - Credit Card Was Charge
      09/10/18 - 4 NOA Letters
      09/21/18 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Letter
      09/26/18 - Biometrics Walk-In
      09/27/18 - Fingerprint Review Was Completed (I-485 + I-765)
      09/27/18 - Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview (I-485)
      01/16/19 - Case Was Approved (I-765 + I-131)
      01/19/19 - Received Combo Card
      01/23/19 - Received Social Security Card

PM for any question!

Comment

My wife forgot her green card before traveling overseas. Does anyone know if she has a picture of it on her phone if that'll be sufficient (along with her non-American passport) for re-entry back to the US? Everything I read says you SHOULD have it but it didn't say REQUIRED. We just wondering how much trouble it's going to be for her to return without it. Any insight would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by tcolson View Post
          My wife forgot her green card before traveling overseas. Does anyone know if she has a picture of it on her phone if that'll be sufficient (along with her non-American passport) for re-entry back to the US? Everything I read says you SHOULD have it but it didn't say REQUIRED. We just wondering how much trouble it's going to be for her to return without it. Any insight would be appreciated.
          Some airlines will not allow you to board if you don't have the required documents. Some people need a passport and visa, others need a passport and ESTA to visit. LPR needs a green card https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Artic...language=en_US

Are you near an embassy or US consulate?
          Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
          Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
          Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
          ---
          All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCSameSexC9 View Post
            Hi All,

Does someone has experience with an expired green card (with the 18/24 month extension letter) and entering the USA via Global Entry?
            My experience is that the Global Entry machine, works with face recognition, and you don't display/scan the green card.

Would it still work? Or I must use the traditional line with an immigration officer?

Thank you!
            For what it's worth, I wasn't able to use the GE kiosks with an expired green card with an extension letter. In addition, I was sent to secondary inspection and was told I would have to do that every time until I receive my new green card. I don't know if this is specific with the country I can from / the airport in the US where I landed.
            AOS, concurrent filing. SSM

11/23/18 - Package delivered.
            11/30/18 - Checks cashed.
            12/14/18 - I-693 courtesy letter in mail
            12/28/18 - Biometrics completed.
            2/11/19 - Ready to be scheduled for an interview
            3/28/19 - Paper notice approval for I-765 and I-131
            4/23/19 - I-765 Card was mailed to me.
            4/25/19 - Combo card received.
            9/9/19 - Interview scheduled
            10/24/19 - Interview complete. Case under review.
            10/25/19 - Card produced, I-485 & I-130 approved.
            10/30/19 - Card was delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by tcolson View Post
              What about having someone bring the card to the airport when she lands here ? You can let customs know about this and hopefully they will find a way to help you get the physical card.

They can verify her in the system with the phone picture

Alternate is overnight ship to wherever you are traveling

Comment

I'd like to see if anyone has used Global Entry with expired Green Card with extension letter. (1) can I just use Global Entry kiosk? (2) or should I see an immigration officer? I called Global Entry JFK office and they told me that I should go to a line designated for Global Entry holder with expired Green Card with extension letter. I didn't know that there is such a line. I will be arriving at JFK NY. Thanks.

Comment

The Global Entry machines are all about that fancy face recognition tech, which is pretty cool, and you typically don't need to scan your Green Card. Many folks with the extension letter have sailed through Global Entry without a hitch. But, and there's always a but, it can vary based on the specific situation and the customs officer's discretion. So, be prepared for both scenarios. You might breeze through with the extension letter, or you might need to join the traditional line and chat with an immigration officer. Oh, and speaking of making your international travels smoother, I recently stumbled upon this nifty tool called TTPTracker. It's been a game-changer for me in cutting down appointment wait times. Check it out at https://www.ttptracker.com/; you might find it super helpful, too.
                  Last edited by Galisurgon; 09-29-2023, 10:57 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X