Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK to travel back to US while Re-Entry Permit is still processing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK to travel back to US while Re-Entry Permit is still processing?

It's been over a year since I left the US and my I-131 Re-Entry Permit application is still processing (15 months is the current USCIS estimated processing time). I need to make a brief visit to the US. Is it possible to re-enter the US with just the USCIS receipt notice? Will it not risk my permanent residency?

Also, when does the 2-year re-entry permit validity period begin? From the date I first left the US or the date on which the re-entry permit is finally approved/issued?

Originally posted by arkistan View Post
    It's been over a year since I left the US and my I-131 Re-Entry Permit application is still processing (15 months is the current USCIS estimated processing time). I need to make a brief visit to the US. Is it possible to re-enter the US with just the USCIS receipt notice? Will it not risk my permanent residency?

Also, when does the 2-year re-entry permit validity period begin? From the date I first left the US or the date on which the re-entry permit is finally approved/issued?
    Yes it is ok. No it won’t risk your LPR status. The opposite actually.

2 permit period starts when you applied.

Comment

Originally posted by arkistan View Post

did you travel? How was your experience at port of entry?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X