Renew Green Card- I-90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renew Green Card- I-90

We are Green Card holders, we have been frequent travelers past 7 years , We have always applied for re-entry permits whenever possible. Our green cards are going to expire soon. We are wondering if anyone with the same experience to share when appling for the I-90 renewal, dp they request evidence or interview or it just goes smooth?

Thank you!

Do you have employment based GC?
    If you have employment records for the recent past, your renewal application should go through smoothly unless there are any misdemeanors.

Comment

Originally posted by Kudla View Post
      Do you have employment based GC?
      If you have employment records for the recent past, your renewal application should go through smoothly unless there are any misdemeanors.
      No, we have DV based visas.We have no misconduct. just travel history.How long does it take to renew? on USCIS website, it is like +20 months

Comment

Originally posted by Joe84 View Post
        We are Green Card holders, we have been frequent travelers past 7 years , We have always applied for re-entry permits whenever possible. Our green cards are going to expire soon. We are wondering if anyone with the same experience to share when appling for the I-90 renewal, dp they request evidence or interview or it just goes smooth?

Thank you!
        I have never heard of an I-90 interview

Comment

Originally posted by Joe84 View Post

No, we have DV based visas.We have no misconduct. just travel history.How long does it take to renew? on USCIS website, it is like +20 months
          Recently, USCIS has extended the validity of the expired green card with a renewal application notice(I-797) to 24 months.

So, it should cover, your quoted processing time period.

Comment

Does the renewal of green card(I-90) depends on being currently employed in US? What happens, if the applicant is unemployed at the time of application or adjudication?

Please advise.

Comment

Green card holders are not required to be employed.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X