Maintaining GC While Working from India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintaining GC While Working from India

I have lived in the US for over 21 years and currently have my GC. Its been 2.5 years since I got my GC and I have 2.5 years left to get my citizen ship. I am originally from India and I have my aged parents in India that I need to take care of. I want to be around my parents in India because they have chronic health issues and I am their only child. But at the same time I would like to ensure I do not lose my Green card or delay getting my US citizen ship. I would like to know what my options are.

- Can I travel spend time in India for like a maximum of six months in a year and return back to the US without any issues ?
    - I work for an American Company and I have been with them for 10 years now. Will that help if I were to work full time from India ?
    - In terms of taxation etc, are there any things I would need to consider working from India ?

Would appreciate your advice.

Thanks,
    AJ​

Originally posted by ash_shastry View Post
    I would like to know what my options are.

- Can I travel spend time in India for like a maximum of six months in a year and return back to the US without any issues ?
    - I work for an American Company and I have been with them for 10 years now. Will that help if I were to work full time from India ?
    - In terms of taxation etc, are there any things I would need to consider working from India ?
    - One can stay upto 180 days outside of US, in an year with GC. But repeated visits of this duration might raise eye brows at POE. Again, it is subjective and depends on the CBP officer, of the day.
    - If you would like to stay more than 6 months at a stretch, outside of US, would suggest to get a re-entry permit.
    - I would suggest you to file US tax returns every year.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X