Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Name change

Hi,

I am a Green Card Holder. I want to change my Last Name to my Husband's Last Name. I don't know the procedure. I need to change it in my passport and green card as far as I know. Can someone please help me?

thanks for your help,
    Swathi

I am in the same boat...made a mistake intially by using my father name as last name and now all my stuff has my middlename and last name swapped.

so from what i can find the cost is around 500$ ....and takes a while

Comment

wats the procedure?

Originally posted by strommer
      I am in the same boat...made a mistake intially by using my father name as last name and now all my stuff has my middlename and last name swapped.

so from what i can find the cost is around 500$ ....and takes a while

...strommer,
      before migrating to US,my husband and i got married without changing our names in our passports.now,my green card and social security card has my Maiden name basing on my passport.hows the procedure to change a last name,i want to use my husbands family name on my Green card and Social security card and to work using my husbands family name.

Comment

travel

I read in forums some where, Need to send original GC with forms. Make sure send in certified mail. It takes nearly 1 yr itseems.

I also need hep with the same problem. My wife got same last name problem. Now she wants to travel to india. We are in big ?????, by any chance They will stop while entering at any place or at any point.
        Did any one traveled outside with this name problem??

Comment

HI vallabha123,
          Did you wife face any issues at re-entry due to last name issue.

Thanks
          -Prakash

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X