Read this before going to an immigration consultant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read this before going to an immigration consultant

I never realized how taxing it is to get the right advice from a visa consultant till I started going around with a friend of mine.

My friend, an Engineer, was confused about the country that he should be relocating to since he seems to meet the immigration selection criteria for almost all countries! And that included UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

During the various visits, what struck me was that how young most of the so called consultants were! And within minutes of discussion I realized that there knowledge base was limited to point system and what is available on websites. The moment you start getting deeper into the problem area and situations, they were at as much a loss as we were! I found the offices to be small and bosses were not to be seen and if the bosses were indeed in, they were one man shows and garage consultants.

During discussions, we found that most of them lacked transparency and were not forthcoming in information that related to processing delays and expenses. They were ambiguous about the refund clause. They were not clear about their role and mandate of services that they will provide. They promised moon and sun, everything that one can think of but facts. Especially almost all of them were at loss for post landing issues that migrants face.

My visits provided following conclusions and ultimately our decision to select one was based on these criteria:

• That experience in the migration visa processing matters, since one is dealing with a case of law in filing and managing our visa applications. The more the experience, better it is. It is like wine that matures with age.
    • That it is important to seek point of view and feedback of the consultant who manages the show and is actually going to manage your application! As we realized during our visits, the so called counselor’s are just beautiful faces and smart boys whose knowledge skills are limited to website based information. The applications are managed by their bosses. We insisted on interaction with such bosses and were realized that we did so since in most of the cases, even the bosses were found to be wanting in information. In fact, we were surprised to know that majority of top executives managing such companies and advising you on the processes have never been outside India! If one’s boss is not available BEFORE signing and making payment, for sure he will not be in AFTER you make the payment!
    • It is important that the company has office bases in major Indian businesses since that would mean that they have much at stake in business and you will not end up dealing with fly-by-night operators. Deal with a company and not a one man show.
    • It is important that top boss is available by personal mail ID and mobile phone. Otherwise, after the payment has been made, the counselors who took payment would think that their job is over! You should be able to catch the person to whom the money is actually going!
    • And in the end, look for a mature and seasoned person as your consultant since immigration is a life changing decision.

Conclusion

So which of the so many online consultants are well known for their experiences and expertise?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X