Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many mobile phones can you bring to India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many mobile phones can you bring to India?

Hi,

I am an Indian citizen and is travelling back to India from USA this month. When I came to USA in May 2013, I brought two mobile phones with me. But since both
    of them were locked I couldn't use it in USA and so I thought I would buy a Google Nexus 4 and I did. Now I am going to have to take it back to India for personal
    use together with the other two phones (Samsung Galaxy Ace and Nokia Asha 206). Is there any limit to the no. of mobile phones you can bring to India free of
    duty?

I also have a Seagate Expansion 3 TB Hard Drive for personal use. Will it be considered duty free as it is a personal item? Or will it be grouped among the items that
    will be taken for the 'Rs. 35000' consideration?

Thanks in advance

All these would be considered under the 35000 limit.

Comment

Limit is 35000INR...

Comment

Chill!! You are safe!!

All that the customs look for are the big things like TV's and other easily identifiable goods. You can carry all the cellphones and hard drive and when asked say you carried it from India and they are your personal use goods. Make sure u don't carry the boxes of the goods. Hope this helps.

Comment

Be responsible...obey law

Comment

If its an already used one I don't there is any restriction. Is there?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X