Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What and How much of worth can I take while visiting India

Hi All,
    I have got confused while reading rules on custom baggage. I am not sure what category would I fall in!.
    I came to Australia in 2008 on a student visa, and obtained Oz Citizenship and have never visited India since 2008. Recently, I am planning a trip to India as a OCI so that I don't have to apply for visa each time.
    Now, Obviously I want to take some things as a gift but do not want to pay such ridiculous customs tax. Apart from clothes I am planning to take 2 iPhones 5s and my beloved nespresso coffee machine(because I couldn't find where to get nespresso in India). Can I declare these two phones as a used/personal items? to avoid tax. If it helps I would be accompanied by my brother and his wife who himself didn't visited India since 2007 or 2006 and are Indian Nationals. We all would be living for about a month in India. Can't wait to see my old friends and neighborhood, it has been way long time... excited.

Guys any help would be appreciated. If anyone put my scenario in simple words to avoid customs would be very helpful.

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X