Why did you go back to India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did you go back to India?

Could you please tell me your reason why you decided to go back to India?

If you have not already done so, what are your reasons to go back to India?
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

If I ever do, the reasons would be parents, children, education, culture and festivals and last but not the least, food!!!!

If I don't, the reasons would be luxury, work culture, constant intervention of others in my business, corruption.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I'm with TXH1B ...

... family, socialization, FOOD for returning back home, while what he said about not going back.

Comment

Reasons for moving back to India -

1. Zero or almost negligible job growth (unless you work for TCS, Wipro in the US). Skin color does make a lot of difference in the workplace in america.

2. Always treated like an outsider (first question asked always is - where are you from?)

3. Tired of eating high cholestrol, high sodium american foods (pizza, burgers, fries, mashed potatoes with gravy, pasta, KFC, ... ). Longing for idlis, dosas, thali meals in the office canteen...

4. Parents.

5. Miss festivals, relgious functions, weddings. The only functions we attend in the US are baby showers and birthdays.

6. 99.99% of all Indians in the US we know are telugu or gujarati and we are not. They speak in telugu/gujarati most of the times and we feel left out (no offenses to telugus/gujjus).

7. Loneliness especially among children. The only other children they play with everyday are their siblings.

8. Children turning into teenagers and getting ready to move out of state for college. Thats the worst nightmare of all.

9. Long depressing winters (for people living in the north east).

Reasons not to go back to India

1. Greed to earn more money. That is the Chakravyuh.
        Last edited by DrPepper; 11-23-2008, 05:56 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X