Prep for going back to india for good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prep for going back to india for good

I would like to go back to India and ship these stuff to india.
    1. Samsumg 40 in TV
    2. Electrical Applicances(oven, food processor,....)
    3. Books
    4. Bedding
    4. Toys

*Can anybody tell me what would be the customs procedures(Chennai or Vishakapatnam) and duty on these items.
    *Whether the applicances work in India?
    *Cost for sharing any containers.
    *Any items that are prohibited or easily allowed.

Thanks.

moving to India

Hi Prems,

The items which you mentioned including Television can be shipped to India without any duty as you have been living abroad. Customs would charge additional duty if you have a replica of any high value electonic items. Say for eg 2 LCDs or 2 Plasmas etc. How many TVs do you have ?

The rest of your goods, like toys, books and regular household items would not attract any duty.

Since you may not have much goods to ship, you can send it in an LCL ( Less than container Load ) instead of taking a full container.

There are quite a few companies which accepts small shipments from different customers and shi[ it in a full container so that you get the rate benefits.

I can refer a couple of shipping companies who are empanneled on Banks's vendor list and whom we have found that the services are good. Let me know if you want the contacts and i shall post it.

Thanks, Raghu

Comment

Shipping companies for LCL

Hi Raghu,

Can you name a reliable shipping company for moving LCL (a few household items) ?

Thanks,
      -R

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X