Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Layoff question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • npatwardhan
    Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 7

    #1

    Layoff question

    Hi Guys,
    If my company lays me off, are they obligated to pay my flight and shipping back home? I am on H1B.
    Thanks.
  • npatwardhan
    Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 7

    #2
    Can anybody help me with this? I would like to know this asap.

    Comment

    • cool_r2i
      Member
      • Jan 2007
      • 59

      #3
      more info...

      I think you should provide more info on this. Are you working for a consultant or to the company directly? If you are working for the company directly, do they have an office in India? Is there any thing mentioned about this in your offer letter?
      --------------------------------------------------
      Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, just sharing my point of view.

      Comment

      • npatwardhan
        Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 7

        #4
        This is a regular company and they do not have any office in India. There was nothing mentioned in my offer letter. They have paid for my H1B visa. Should they still be paying for this?

        Comment

        • npatwardhan
          Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 7

          #5
          Any feedback cool_r2i?

          Thanks

          Comment

          {{modal[0].title}}

          X

          {{modal[0].content}}

          {{promo.content}}

          Working...