Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unpaid Tuition fees

Hi,

I started my doctoral degree in a university in ohio in 2009. I had a research assistantship position to support me. But I had a family emergency in India and so discontinued from the degree there a month before the end of second quarter there. I have since started a new doctoral program in another country(I am not in the US anymore).

Now after 2 years, I received a bill for unpaid tuition fees of around $12,000 from the US university, sent to my international address in India. I cannot afford this amount and also I feel I need not pay this fees. I worked the full 20hrs/week in the research assistant position almost till the end and I also did not receive my stipend for the last month of the quarter as I had discontinued. I find it totally unfair to make me liable to the whole quarter's fee for just discontinuing one month earlier. Also, I do not require any transcripts or degree from the university as I am already on my way to getting my degree from another country.

I do not have plans to return to the US for education or business in the near future but I do have plans to visit US for tourism. Could someone please tell me if there are any consequences for this situation with unpaid fees and what can be done about it?

Thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X