• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My I94 will be expiring in June,2017.

Originally posted by suman9730 View Post
    Hi rcthilak,

Did you go before your I-94 expired?
    Can I go one week before it gets expired?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Regards,
    Suman Singh

Hey Suman,

My I94 will be expiring in June,2017. So I got it done now itself. You can go and get your I-94 updated before its expires in a week.

Comment

Is there any hour of operations on week-ends?

Originally posted by rcthilak View Post
      Hey Suman,

My I94 will be expiring in June,2017. So I got it done now itself. You can go and get your I-94 updated before its expires in a week.

Thanks for your prompt response.
      Just one more question, is there any hour of operations on week-ends? I tried finding out and could not find anything specific to the office updating I-94.
      Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
      Suman

Comment

Did you try deferred cbp site first?

Thanks for your prompt response.
        Just one more question, is there any hour of operations on week-ends? I tried finding out and could not find anything specific to the office updating I-94.
        Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
        Suman
        Hi
        I visited cbp office a week ago I.e. before 4 days of my I94 expiry. I went there at 8am in the morning, I entered my name on the register, after 5 min officer came and took my old and renewed passports. Came back after 5 minutes with updated I 94 print out and passports. It is done.

Comment

Which CBP Office?

Originally posted by kodramr View Post
          Hi
          I visited cbp office a week ago I.e. before 4 days of my I94 expiry. I went there at 8am in the morning, I entered my name on the register, after 5 min officer came and took my old and renewed passports. Came back after 5 minutes with updated I 94 print out and passports. It is done.
          I also went to deferred CBP office in Houston, but they didn't update my I-94 saying that there is no mistake from their side.
          Which CBP office did you visit?

Comment

Logan Airport Boston CBP

I also went to deferred CBP office in Houston, but they didn't update my I-94 saying that there is no mistake from their side.
            Which CBP office did you visit?
            International Arrivals Terminal E CBP Window on left, Monday to Friday 8am to 4 PM

Comment

i-94 Renewal at Laredo, TX - Totally safe and quick

eason for going to CBP at Laredo, TX: My i94 is about to expire in another 3 months. I renewed my passport and the new passport does not have a valid visa. But, the old passport has a valid visa that is valid for another year. So, I need to visit a CBP office at any US border.

Documents needed:
              1. Old passport with valid visa, New passport without Visa (in my case).
              2. Original H1B approval notice (i-797 or i797-B)
              3. Three recent Payslips
              4. If you are married and if your spouse/kid i94 also expires. If their i94 does not expire (don't need to take them with you)
              A. Original marriage certificate.(CBP officer did not ask me. But, my company immigration team advised to take with me)
              B. Spouse/kid passport with valid visa.
              5. 6$/person for i94 processing (not necessarily be exact denominations. But, advise to have in smaller denominations like in 10$ or 20$)

The Parking:
              Valero: 619 Farragut St, Laredo, TX 78040.
              1. Walk inside the store and go to the cashier and get a parking ticket. Put the tag on your windshield.

The walk:
              1. From the Valero station, you will see a pavement (walk road) next to 660 Hidalgo St (A currency exchange shop I guess named: 'Casa De Cambio'). You will see a stainless steel fence, just keep walking next to it in the pavement. It will be hardly less than 3 minutes walk.
              2. While walking you will see a place to cross the road (open fence) where you will see cars coming from Mexico to US. The road did not have pedestrian crossing. But, that's the right way to cross(don't panic). Just cross across and you will see lot of Security officers in Dark Blue dress. On left side you will see a building and few people standing in queue (You got it!). If you wondering to find the place, just ask those security officers(in dark blue dress), they are very friendly.
              3. When your turn comes, go in, tell the office that you need to get your i-94 renewed.
              4. The office mostly just asks for your passports, family passports.
              5. Office renews and asks you to pay at another counter which is right next to that person.

Hurray! Your i-94, is renewed and you will get a physical i-94 card for each.

NOTE: For the entire process, you DID NOT CROSS THE BORDER. And, it is perfectly safe there and you don't need to worry about your security. The place is highly guarded. You don't need to worry about your kids safety, IT's ALL SAFE there.

Tips at the CBP office:
              1. Before coming out of the CBP office, just make sure that you verify the passports, i-94 seal, date on the seal, new i-94 card for name, date etc.
              2. It is perfectly fine to travel in you own luxury car if you have one.
              3. Don't keep your documents on the trunk while returning back.
              4. There is a checkpoint after approximately 10 miles, the officer will ask for your passports, keep everyone's passport ready. Don't search or try to pull it from the bag after reaching the office. The security office might not be happy in pulling the documents after reaching him. So, just keep the passports in hand ready.
              5. Don't forget to get a selfie at the border (just for fun)

Total time at the CBP office: 15 min on weekday(friday) around 3 pm. The office is open 24/7.

That's it. Reach home, have a nice food and relax.

Additional follow up:
              1. Just check the online i-94 portal to ensure that the new date is reflected online. I checked the next day.

Comment

I got my I-94 renewed

Originally posted by smallboy View Post
                eason for going to CBP at Laredo, TX: My i94 is about to expire in another 3 months. I renewed my passport and the new passport does not have a valid visa. But, the old passport has a valid visa that is valid for another year. So, I need to visit a CBP office at any US border......
                I just followed these instructions and got my I-94 renewed.
                Thank you so much for this step by step guidance.
                However, I can see my old passport number is mentioned in online record, but they stamped on my new passport.
                Is it normal?

Comment

Anybody planning to go to Loredo

I am also in the same situation. My I-94 is expiring in June. Please let me know if anybody is planning to go to Loredo for I-94. so i can also join.

Comment

My son also in the same situation

eason for going to CBP at Laredo, TX: My i94 is about to expire in another 3 months. I renewed my passport and the new passport does not have a valid visa. But, the old passport has a valid visa that is valid for another year. So, I need to visit a CBP office at any US border.

Documents needed:
                    3. Three recent Payslips
                    4. If you are married and if your spouse/kid i94 also expires. If their i94 does not expire (don't need to take them with you)
                    A. Original marriage certificate.(CBP officer did not ask me. But, my company immigration team advised to take with me)
                    5. 6$/person for i94 processing (not necessarily be exact denominations. But, advise to have in smaller denominations like in 10$ or 20$)

The Parking:
                    1. Walk inside the store and go to the cashier and get a parking ticket. Put the tag on your windshield.

The walk:
                    1. From the Valero station, you will see a pavement (walk road) next to 660 Hidalgo St (A currency exchange shop I guess named: 'Casa De Cambio'). You will see a stainless steel fence, just keep walking next to it in the pavement. It will be hardly less than 3 minutes walk.
                    2. While walking you will see a place to cross the road (open fence) where you will see cars coming from Mexico to US. The road did not have pedestrian crossing. But, that's the right way to cross(don't panic). Just cross across and you will see lot of Security officers in Dark Blue dress. On left side you will see a building and few people standing in queue (You got it!). If you wondering to find the place, just ask those security officers(in dark blue dress), they are very friendly.
                    3. When your turn comes, go in, tell the office that you need to get your i-94 renewed.
                    5. Office renews and asks you to pay at another counter which is right next to that person.

NOTE: For the entire process, you DID NOT CROSS THE BORDER. And, it is perfectly safe there and you don't need to worry about your security. The place is highly guarded. You don't need to worry about your kids safety, IT's ALL SAFE there.

Tips at the CBP office:
                    1. Before coming out of the CBP office, just make sure that you verify the passports, i-94 seal, date on the seal, new i-94 card for name, date etc.
                    4. There is a checkpoint after approximately 10 miles, the officer will ask for your passports, keep everyone's passport ready. Don't search or try to pull it from the bag after reaching the office. The security office might not be happy in pulling the documents after reaching him. So, just keep the passports in hand ready.

Total time at the CBP office: 15 min on weekday(friday) around 3 pm. The office is open 24/7.

Additional follow up:
                    1. Just check the online i-94 portal to ensure that the new date is reflected online. I checked the next day.
                    Hi I am planning to go by next month end on Memorial week end for my son. He is having valid H4 visa until 2018. But i94 given until June 2017 when we came back from India last year due to passport expiry. I hbve renewed his passport now and planning to go to Tx Larido. Based on the thread updates No need to cross the border right? Also Do I need to give my passport as well, since I am taking my son with me? That case Am I applicable to get new I-94? I have no issues on my i94. Need to update only for my son since we renewed his passport. Appreciate your help on this and this four up really helps many people like me.

Thanks,
                    Last edited by Samrk; 04-23-2017, 11:30 PM. Reason: Typo corrected

Comment

Originally posted by Samrk View Post
                      Hi I am planning to go by next month end on Memorial week end for my son. He is having valid H4 visa until 2018. But i94 given until June 2017 when we came back from India last year due to passport expiry. I hbve renewed his passport now and planning to go to Tx Larido. Based on the thread updates No need to cross the border right? Also Do I need to give my passport as well, since I am taking my son with me? That case Am I applicable to get new I-94? I have no issues on my i94. Need to update only for my son since we renewed his passport. Appreciate your help on this and this four up really helps many people like me.

Thanks,
                      Yes, you will not cross the border. They will also not need your passport, however, please carry your as well as everybody else passport who is travelling with you. (all passengers)
                      Reason being, when you come back, 40 minutes drive from Laredo on I-59N, you will find a check post where they will check your passport and Visa. They will just check and will not stamp/update anything.

I would advise you to carry all your immigration papers all the time with you as your travelling near the border and you never know when you unintentionally cross it.

Comment

Yes, you will not cross the border. They will also not need your passport, however, please carry your as well as everybody else passport who is travelling with you. (all passengers)
                        Reason being, when you come back, 40 minutes drive from Laredo on I-59N, you will find a check post where they will check your passport and Visa. They will just check and will not stamp/update anything.

I would advise you to carry all your immigration papers all the time with you as your travelling near the border and you never know when you unintentionally cross it.
                        Thank you. This is really helpful.

Comment

Renewed my son's I94 before Memorial day

Hi Everyone,

I have my L1 visa/ i94 valid till May 2018 while my son's passport will expire on Dec 2017 so his i94 is valid till Dec 2017 (same with his passport expiry date). I have applied a new passport for him and thank you very much to all the contributions in this post, I've made a trip to Laredo yesterday and had my son's i94 extended till May 2018.

I followed below post from smallboy, drove to Laredo and parked at the Valero gas station 619 Farragut St, Laredo, TX 78040.
                          However, when I and my son walked into the CBP area, I met one officer and explained to him what I wanted to do. He was very friendly but gave the instruction to go to the other CBP place which is 1 mile a way. Put below text on Google Map, it will take you there: Gateway to the Americas International Bridge (Toll Road), Laredo TX 78040.

So I had to come back to the Valero gas station, took my car and drive to the new destination. It's not too far, approximate 1 mile. There's a big outlet next to that CBP office, so we could parked inside the outlet and walked for 3 minutes to the bridge where we saw people from Mexico waiting to get into the US.

From there we explained to one of the officer that we came to renew the i94 for my son. He understood the issue and asked us to join the waiting line of people from Mexico. After joining the line from Mexico and waiting for about 15 minutes, we had chance to explain my son's i94 situation. They sent us to another office where we paid $6 and got a paper i94 for my son. I hope it'll be updated online in the next few days, after Memorial Day.

The documents we brought with us:
                          - My passport
                          - My son's old and new passport
                          - i94 for me and my son
                          - i797, i129s
                          - Exact $6 cash (no change)

Documents needed:
                          3. Three recent Payslips

The Parking:

The walk:

Tips at the CBP office:

Additional follow up:

Comment

Am at the border today and need urgent help plzz

Am at the border today and CBP officer only stamped my old passport with a valid admit until APril 2018 but didn't ask me to pay money or didn't give me 1-94 white card. She was mentioning the I have to go to a USCIS office to update in the system but they cannot do it. Any urgent help would be great.

Originally posted by ctwind View Post
                            Hi Everyone,

I have my L1 visa/ i94 valid till May 2018 while my son's passport will expire on Dec 2017 so his i94 is valid till Dec 2017 (same with his passport expiry date). I have applied a new passport for him and thank you very much to all the contributions in this post, I've made a trip to Laredo yesterday and had my son's i94 extended till May 2018.

I followed below post from smallboy, drove to Laredo and parked at the Valero gas station 619 Farragut St, Laredo, TX 78040.
                            However, when I and my son walked into the CBP area, I met one officer and explained to him what I wanted to do. He was very friendly but gave the instruction to go to the other CBP place which is 1 mile a way. Put below text on Google Map, it will take you there: Gateway to the Americas International Bridge (Toll Road), Laredo TX 78040.

So I had to come back to the Valero gas station, took my car and drive to the new destination. It's not too far, approximate 1 mile. There's a big outlet next to that CBP office, so we could parked inside the outlet and walked for 3 minutes to the bridge where we saw people from Mexico waiting to get into the US.

From there we explained to one of the officer that we came to renew the i94 for my son. He understood the issue and asked us to join the waiting line of people from Mexico. After joining the line from Mexico and waiting for about 15 minutes, we had chance to explain my son's i94 situation. They sent us to another office where we paid $6 and got a paper i94 for my son. I hope it'll be updated online in the next few days, after Memorial Day.

The documents we brought with us:
                            - My passport
                            - My son's old and new passport
                            - i94 for me and my son
                            - i797, i129s
                            - Exact $6 cash (no change)

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                              Am at the border today and CBP officer only stamped my old passport with a valid admit until APril 2018 but didn't ask me to pay money or didn't give me 1-94 white card. She was mentioning the I have to go to a USCIS office to update in the system but they cannot do it. Any urgent help would be great.
                              Hi, did your issue get resolved? I am planning to go to Laredo this weekend from Wichita, KS to extend my I-94.

Comment

Any recent experience at Laredo?

Anybody with recent experience at Laredo?

Based on experiences, I think that some got I94 udated at office near to Valero gas station, some went to office a mile away (bridge 1?). Can anybody direct to correct office?

This weekend I am planning to go to Laredo for wife's and son's i94. I have 2 more kids and they don't have issue. But I need to take them also with us as I can't leave them. Will there be any issue if persons who don't require an update go to the office?
                                Will they stamp a date of entry on passport?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X