• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chegde
    replied
    extend I 94

Originally posted by balu_rk View Post
    Hello All,
    Thanks for the forum discussions which really helped me getting this done.

Let me narrate my story. I had my valid I797 and Visa till Aug 2018. But my passport was expiring in Nov 26 2017 so during last entry into US, i got the i94 admit date only till passport expiry. I realized on 30th November that my i94 is expired and i would be out of the status. Based on other friend's suggestions in this forum, i walked in to San Ysidro on 02nd Dec.
    1. Parked my car in the address of Border station Parking
    2. Walk straight towards the signal, take left and you will be seeing the road going in a U turn and coming back to the same signal.
    3. Walk towards the left hand side and you will be seeing an entrance "Way to Mexico" but don't get in.
    4. Next to that door, you will be seeing a small room with a direction names i94 renewal.
    5. Get in, pay the $6 in the cash counter and you will get the i94 form.
    6. There will be 3 to 4 CBP officers and one of them will assist you by looking over your current and old passport, Latest visa, and other documents if needed. In my case, they just checked the passports and valid Visa.
    7. Then they'll take finger print checks, a question if same or diff employer (mine is same). That's it, you're done and the website will have your latest i94 which is printed by the officer and given to you.

You no need to go to the mexico border and come back. My whole process took less than 10 mins inside the building.
    Hi,

Could you please let me know after you got new I-94, did it change your "Most Recent Entry" date on electronic I-94? or just updated "Admitted Until Date"?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• vidasum15962
    replied
    extend new I-94 at Otay Mesa, California

I have similar situation as other people in this forum. My I-94 expires in Aug 2018 and my H1B will expire in Feb 2019. I got my new passport, old passport, a document of address in CA and went to Otay Mesa, California land of port. I use the address "2500 Paseo Internacional San Diego, CA 92143" in google. You can park in the plaza and pay for the parking. It's $2 for one hour and you get one hour free.
    At first, I did some research and found it could be possible to get I94 extended in SENTRI enrollment center without going to cross the border. But when I talked to the officer in SENTRI, they directed me to the other building right next to SENTRI. That building is the land of port. When you entered the land of port from US side, you'll easily identified a notice with I-94 in Spanish. Follow the direction, you'll have to pay the $6 fee and wait in line to get into a room tagged "I-94 permission". I arrived around 4PM on Friday. It took me 30 minutes in the waiting line. Not bad. In the room, there were 4 officers to process the issues with I-94. They are pretty familiar with the extension of I-94 due to passport expiry. So, without asking too many questions, the officer gave me an updated I-94 in a paper indexed to my old passport. I also checked online. My i-94 was updated accordingly. Hope the above will help. Otay Mesa land of port is another option to extend I-94 in San Diego.

Leave a comment:

• ertu
    replied
    Visa stamp expired, I-797 valid, should I go?

Thank you for everyone posting your experiences.

I have I-94 expired 2 months ago with my old passport. My visa stamp is also expired. My I-797 is till June 2019.

I am wondering ---- after your i-94 was updated, does the online status show you entered US from this port on the day you travelled to San Ysidro or they simply "corrected" the old entry record when your old i-94 was given.

The reason I am asking is that: I might have a problem following this path since I don't have a valid visa stamp....

Thanks!
    Last edited by ertu; 03-10-2018, 07:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ankur_15
    replied
    Originally posted by kiran4468 View Post
    Hi,

Can you please let me know.

My case is same as passport is expiring in march 2018 and I got I-94 until march 2018 but visa is until 2019.

Do I need to carry any deputation letter bcoz my employer is based out Atlanta and my client and work location is California . (along with I129,I797,LCA,amendement,DL)

and another question can I go to San Jose or SFO CBP offices instead of San Diego Mexico border.
    Hi Kiran,

I am not sure what is deputation letter. So i won't be able to answer that.
    Basically i carried all the document that i usually carry when i travel outside of United States keeping in mind that i have to renter. I tried visiting CBP office to my nearby airport, but it didn't work out they can only fix the I-94 if they have made any error. And this is not the error on there part so they cannot fix it at the airport that's what they told me. But it's always worth trying.

Hence i followed the direction posted in this thread and was able to renew my I-94 at the San Diego Border.

*Note: The information posted above is not legal advice of any kind

Leave a comment:

• ankur_15
    replied
    Originally posted by Daswanth View Post
    Hello Ankur are u able to get your i94 extended?
    [

QUOTE=ankur_15;543270]Hello,

Did you got your i-94 extended/renewed at San Ysidro Land Port of Entry, West Pedestrian Facility like AnshX and bhatia.sahil0 ? or You have to cross the border and come back ?
    I am traveling San Ysidro border next week for same I-94 renewal/extension so wanted to get better understanding if this done at West Pedestrian Facility or need to cross the border. So that i can prepare my self accordingly.
    [/QUOTE]

Hi Daswanth,

I did got my I-94 renewed at San Ysidro Land Port of Entry, West Pedestrian Facility which is on US side. I also paid my fees for new I-94 online so that i didn't have to stay in line, as it was a huge line when i arrived in the evening.
    One thing that i would like to point out is, Officer did mention to me that technically i have to cross the border and come back to renew the I-94. But as favor he did renewed my I-94.

Leave a comment:

• kiran4468
    replied
    do they require deputation letter as well for I 94 renewal

Hi,

Can you please let me know.

My case is same as passport is expiring in march 2018 and I got I-94 until march 2018 but visa is until 2019.

Do I need to carry any deputation letter bcoz my employer is based out Atlanta and my client and work location is California . (along with I129,I797,LCA,amendement,DL)

and another question can I go to San Jose or SFO CBP offices instead of San Diego Mexico border.

Leave a comment:

• Daswanth
    replied

[

QUOTE=ankur_15;543270]Hello,

Did you got your i-94 extended/renewed at San Ysidro Land Port of Entry, West Pedestrian Facility like AnshX and bhatia.sahil0 ? or You have to cross the border and come back ?
    I am traveling San Ysidro border next week for same I-94 renewal/extension so wanted to get better understanding if this done at West Pedestrian Facility or need to cross the border. So that i can prepare my self accordingly.[/QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• ankur_15
    replied
    Question about I94 renewal at San Ysidro.

Hello,

I am traveling San Ysidro border next week for same I-94 renewal/extension so wanted to get better understanding if this done at West Pedestrian Facility or need to cross the border. So that i can prepare my self accordingly.

Hello All,

Let me narrate my story. I had my valid I797 and Visa till Aug 2018. But my passport was expiring in Nov 26 2017 so during last entry into US, i got the i94 admit date only till passport expiry. I realized on 30th November that my i94 is expired and i would be out of the status. Based on other friend's suggestions in this forum, i walked in to San Ysidro on 02nd Dec.
    2. Walk straight towards the signal, take left and you will be seeing the road going in a U turn and coming back to the same signal.
    3. Walk towards the left hand side and you will be seeing an entrance "Way to Mexico" but don't get in.
    4. Next to that door, you will be seeing a small room with a direction names i94 renewal.
    6. There will be 3 to 4 CBP officers and one of them will assist you by looking over your current and old passport, Latest visa, and other documents if needed. In my case, they just checked the passports and valid Visa.
    7. Then they'll take finger print checks, a question if same or diff employer (mine is same). That's it, you're done and the website will have your latest i94 which is printed by the officer and given to you.

You no need to go to the mexico border and come back. My whole process took less than 10 mins inside the building.

Leave a comment:

• ankur_15
    replied
    Hello All,

hello balu_rk,
    Was you i-94 renewed/extended at San Ysidro Land Port of Entry, West Pedestrian Facility same like AnshX and [email protected] ? or You crossed the border and came back ?

Leave a comment:

• balu_rk
    replied
    i94 expired and got renewed in San Ysidro

Hello All,

Leave a comment:

• grungestar
    replied
    Yay I94 renewed

Managed to renew/correct I94. Finally! Had to walk over and make a U turn though. I think the issue is that depending on which officer you get to talk to, the outcome will be different. First one I spoke to said no, couldn't do it. Then a second one who's super nice, directed me to go over border, even wrote down a Spanish note to help explain to their Mexico counterpart. Done.... happy man.

Leave a comment:

• grungestar
    replied
    Question about I94 renewal at San Ysidro.

Hi there, thanks for your very informative details. Quick question, do you know if it matters when your I94 expires? If you still have like 3 to 4 months, will they still "correct" the dates to match the I797?

Originally posted by AnshX View Post
    Hi, marked my answers below per my experience.

1) When you went to the San Ysidro POE, was it considered as entry to USA from Mexico or was it just like a visit to a CBP office within USA? -- For me it was an entry to "San Ysidro Land Port of Entry – West Pedestrian Facility" which is on USA side of border.

2) Did they issue a new I-94 or did they amend the i94? How does it appear on your I-94 arrival record? --- They issued a paper I-94 and stapled on my new passport. They also updated it in the system right away.

3) Could you please confirm the address? Is it 720 East San Ysidro Blvd, San Ysidro, CA 92173? --- I don't think this is the right address as it probably points to East facility where correction would be done prior to last year. I went to West facility and the google address is --> 415-499 Virginia Ave, San Diego, CA 92173.

I noticed this thread is going under Other countries/Canada-Mexico forum, so I have put my step by step experience in detail with at - https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...170#post520170 in case someone needs in detail.

Leave a comment:

• bhatia.sahil0@gmail.com
    replied
    I-94 updated at San Ysidro Pedwest after Passport Renewal

I had read a lot online that people had to cross the border at Tijuana and walk back in, however there was only one person (anshX) who said that he did not cross the border and went directly to the Pedwest office.
    I took his advice and went directly to the pedwest office (without crossing the border). It was around 11:30 pm (yes pm) on a Saturday (labor day weekend) when we went in to the office and came out in less than 10 minutes with our new I-94 dates (updated online at the same time too). Yippeee!!!!!!!!
    If you want to know details about my experience in the pedwest facility and how to reach it from san diego airport, read on.........
    Landed in the US (first time) in early July 2017 with passport expiry of march 2018 on an L1-B visa. When we arrived the immigration officer stamped our I-94 dates for me (and my wife) till my passport's expiry date (March 2018). I wanted to get my I-94 extended so I went to the CBP office in downtown San Francisco but they said that they corrected only I-94 errors (there was No error to correct). So after reading a lot of reviews online, I went to San Diego (fun trip).
    From San Diego airport I took bus no. 992 which would drop me at the City College Trolley station (it is the last stop for the bus so you can sit back and enjoy the city).
    From City college station take a blue line trolley (red colored, very fast) to San Ysidro Transit center (last stop on that line, at the border). When you get down at the station, there is a McDonalds (open 24hrs) right at the station.
    You need to go to the stairs right opposite McDonalds (you need to cross the trolley tracks to get to the stairs). Follow the path from the stairs (less than half a mile). At the end of the path, you need to go left. Then cross the first light (red light) and take a left from the second light (walk in the direction of the multiple huge flags). Walk about 200 yards and you will see the pedwest office on the left side.
    The exact name of this office is San Ysidro Land Port of Entry, West Pedestrian Facility.
    You can see that written right next to the door that you need to enter (right next to the exit doors). You probably would need to talk to the security personnel there. I explained the security personnel my situation and he just asked me to go in and explain it to the officers inside. The facility was open 24*7 and there was no one there except for three lady officers. One of the officers directed me to a Fee window where one has to pay $6 fee for each applicant. They knew my case instantly but still asked me some basic questions to understand my case more clearly and finally extended I-94 in the system and also attached a paper I-94 on the passport. The lady officers were really really nice and helpful (I bet they all are). They even suggested a few places which we could visit in San Diego
    Entire process turned out to be easier than what I expected. Thanks to anshX for his precious advice. I will try to post pics of the place and the way leading to it (if possible).
    I will again say that you don't need to cross the border for this.
    Let me know if I can be of any assistance to anyone.

Note: The information posted above is not legal advice of any kind. The pictures attached were taken for the sole purposes of helping out other people to reach San Ysidro Land port of entry from the San Ysidro train station.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• keerthikiran
    replied
    I went last week. But they asked me to go to Mexico and come back. There is a ped walk bridge that takes you to Mexico and come back to US. The walk is about 5-10 mins. Came back to US port of Entry and then to I-94 offc to get my extension. Tjis thread was very helpful.

Leave a comment:

• Neoranjit
    replied
    My answers below..

Originally posted by waiter7 View Post
    Thanks so much for sharing this information. My spouse is in a similar situation and we we have to extend the i-94 date. We have a couple of questions:

1) When you went to the San Ysidro POE, was it considered as entry to USA from Mexico or was it just like a visit to a CBP office within USA? - Considered as a entry from Mexico. You are also expected to buy a permit for $6

2) Did they issue a new I-94 or did they amend the i94? How does it appear on your I-94 arrival record? - They issue a new i94.

3) Could you please confirm the address? Is it 720 East San Ysidro Blvd, San Ysidro, CA 92173? No. This one is bang opposite "outlets at the border" . AnshX's address is the one am referring to

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X