Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Procedure to apply for Canada Visitor's Visa from USA for Indian passport holders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sachinsanghena2
    replied

I applied for Canadian Visitor Visa for my Parents who are Indian citizens and currently visiting USA on 04/07. Both of them completed their biometrics appointments last week. However there has been no other update to the applications. Has anyone applied for canada visitor visa recently? Any information on timeline for Candian visitor visa would be extremely helpful
    I applied thru IRCC portal and am able to check their status. It does mention that the application is in progress, does mention that interview and medical exams are not required.
    Any information would be extremely helpful​
    Many applicants for Canadian visitor visas experience varying processing times. It's common for the application status to indicate that it's in progress without further updates for a while. Typically, processing times can range from a few weeks to a few months, depending on various factors such as the volume of applications and individual circumstances. Rest assured, if no interview or medical exams are requested, it's a positive sign. Keep monitoring the application status through the IRCC portal for any updates.
    Last edited by sachinsanghena2; 03-05-2024, 06:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sundar Rajagopalan
    replied
    I applied for Canadian Visitor Visa for my Parents who are Indian citizens and currently visiting USA on 04/07. Both of them completed their biometrics appointments last week. However there has been no other update to the applications. Has anyone applied for canada visitor visa recently? Any information on timeline for Candian visitor visa would be extremely helpful
    I applied thru IRCC portal and am able to check their status. It does mention that the application is in progress, does mention that interview and medical exams are not required.
    Any information would be extremely helpful

Leave a comment:

• SH9
    replied

biometrics and interview???

Leave a comment:

• seek_H1_advice
    replied
    For H1B visa holder with Indian passport what is the tourist visa category we need to apply is that eTA visa? And if the kid is US citizen then is there any visa that they need? Also once submitted approximately how long does it take to get approval and visa stamped?

Leave a comment:

• ugopalraju
    replied
    Hi..How long does it take for TRV stamping approval, if we applied from USA (Indian passport) and have a valid work permit.
    Already worked in Canada and have extension approved now in January.
    Had to step out of Canada due to a family emergency.Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• theremo
    replied
    Originally posted by Prez2022 View Post
    I have question regarding the visitor visa , I'm trying to submit a request for canada visa for my brother , he's on L1B visit to US and we are trying to apply for his visitor visa, he's an Indian passport holder , I'm a Canadian permanent resident, have you submitted invite letter for your visa if so whom did you address it to, Canadian consulate in US?

Yes. Canadian consulate in US

Leave a comment:

• Prez2022
    replied
    I have question regarding the visitor visa , I'm trying to submit a request for canada visa for my brother , he's on L1B visit to US and we are trying to apply for his visitor visa, he's an Indian passport holder , I'm a Canadian permanent resident, have you submitted invite letter for your visa if so whom did you address it to, Canadian consulate in US?

Originally posted by theremo View Post
    I submitted in Feb 23, 2022 and got it approved in March 2, 2022. The step 7 got changed now. We no need to send two couriers. One should be fine now. You just follow the steps what they emailed you.

Below are the detailed new steps for above Step 7 (Updated on March 2022):

To request your approved 2 Way courier from Los Angeles VAC. You must complete registration in order to obtain your courier labels. Kindly note that the information will be purged after 10 days of registering and generating the courier labels. Please refer to the “Service Charges” tab in “Apply for a Visa” page of this website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC. Once you receive your approved label, prepare your package including the following:

1. The passport request letter you received from IRCC

2. Your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address

3. 2 copies of TT Services Consent Form duly completed

4. Confirmation letter you received for the 2 Way Courier purchase, which has an individually generated Reference Number

5. Below charges must be paid in a form of a Money Order or Cashier’s check (over 3 months validity period) in favour of “VFS Services (USA) Inc.” and fees must be in US dollars
    • Package transmission (per passport) – $22.80 USD (** If you have enrolled biometrics at Canada Visa Application Centre in Los Angeles, you do not need to pay this fee.
    • Assisted Service Fee - $35.00 USD, ONLY IF YOU ARE SUBMITTING A PAPER APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENT TRAVEL DOCUMENT
    • Short Message Service (SMS) (per Applicant) – $ 2.50 USD (Optional)
    • Once your package is prepared, you may drop it off at the FEDEX office of your choice. It is recommended to use a padded envelope to mail your documents and make sure it is thoroughly sealed.
    • Paper Applications for Permanent Resident Travel Document via courier service (In Person Submission will not be permitted) approved by the VAC. Paper applications for Visitors Visa, Work and Study Permits are not accepted in person/mail at the VAC until further notice. To request your approved 2 Way courier from Los Angeles VAC to mail your application (effective January 3rd) to download your application package and pay correspondent fees.
    • Use the link under “Submit passport and other documents” for instructions on how to send your passport by mail to the CVAC. Follow instructions provided above to request your approved 2 Way Courier Service.
    • Return of decision envelopes to applicants. Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. SMS
    • In-person appointment scheduling at the VAC (effective 27th September 2021)
    • In-person information services at VAC (effective 27th September 2021)
    • Assisted services – online forms (eTA) (effective 27th September 2021)
    • Self-Service Workstation (effective 27th September 2021)
    • Printing (effective 27th September 2021)
    • Assisted Service-Scanning (effective 27th September 2021)
    • Photocopying (effective 27th September 2021)
    • International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) compliant photography (effective 27th September 2021)

The services listed above may be subject to change at short notice due to COVID-19 measures.

Due to COVID-19 outbreak, the VAC may be implementing additional measures to ensure health and safety of applicants.

Leave a comment:

• theremo
    replied
    I submitted in Feb 23, 2022 and got it approved in March 2, 2022. The step 7 got changed now. We no need to send two couriers. One should be fine now. You just follow the steps what they emailed you.

Below are the detailed new steps for above Step 7 (Updated on March 2022):

To request your approved 2 Way courier from Los Angeles VAC. You must complete registration in order to obtain your courier labels. Kindly note that the information will be purged after 10 days of registering and generating the courier labels. Please refer to the “Service Charges” tab in “Apply for a Visa” page of this website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC. Once you receive your approved label, prepare your package including the following:

1. The passport request letter you received from IRCC

2. Your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address

3. 2 copies of TT Services Consent Form duly completed

4. Confirmation letter you received for the 2 Way Courier purchase, which has an individually generated Reference Number

5. Below charges must be paid in a form of a Money Order or Cashier’s check (over 3 months validity period) in favour of “VFS Services (USA) Inc.” and fees must be in US dollars
    • Package transmission (per passport) – $22.80 USD (** If you have enrolled biometrics at Canada Visa Application Centre in Los Angeles, you do not need to pay this fee.
    • Assisted Service Fee - $35.00 USD, ONLY IF YOU ARE SUBMITTING A PAPER APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENT TRAVEL DOCUMENT
    • Short Message Service (SMS) (per Applicant) – $ 2.50 USD (Optional)
    • Once your package is prepared, you may drop it off at the FEDEX office of your choice. It is recommended to use a padded envelope to mail your documents and make sure it is thoroughly sealed.
    • Paper Applications for Permanent Resident Travel Document via courier service (In Person Submission will not be permitted) approved by the VAC. Paper applications for Visitors Visa, Work and Study Permits are not accepted in person/mail at the VAC until further notice. To request your approved 2 Way courier from Los Angeles VAC to mail your application (effective January 3rd) to download your application package and pay correspondent fees.
    • Use the link under “Submit passport and other documents” for instructions on how to send your passport by mail to the CVAC. Follow instructions provided above to request your approved 2 Way Courier Service.
    • Return of decision envelopes to applicants. Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. SMS
    • In-person appointment scheduling at the VAC (effective 27th September 2021)
    • In-person information services at VAC (effective 27th September 2021)
    • Assisted services – online forms (eTA) (effective 27th September 2021)
    • Self-Service Workstation (effective 27th September 2021)
    • Printing (effective 27th September 2021)
    • Assisted Service-Scanning (effective 27th September 2021)
    • Photocopying (effective 27th September 2021)
    • International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) compliant photography (effective 27th September 2021)

The services listed above may be subject to change at short notice due to COVID-19 measures.

Due to COVID-19 outbreak, the VAC may be implementing additional measures to ensure health and safety of applicants.

Last edited by immihelp; 03-08-2022, 05:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sundhr
    replied
    My recent experience from Jan 2022

Last edited by ceci1073; 02-01-2022, 01:53 PM. Reason: Link

Leave a comment:

• DHB15
    replied
    Hi,
    I am trying to submit my Canada visitor visa application online, but experiencing some issues (screen shot attached). I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing any issues with uploading the imm5257e form. As the instructions say, I downloaded the form, completed it, did not sign, and validated. It gave me the barcodes as well. But every time I try to upload it, I get an error saying" The version of the document is no longer acceptable". I've tried this multiple times, using the form from the checklist. I even double-checked for Adobe 10 as recommended. I've submitted a technical problem as well, but in the meanwhile wanted to check if anyone already dealt with this issue.

Any thoughts, ideas or help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• khurshid,memon
    replied
    yes we need this guide looking forward to it

Leave a comment:

• rb_1982
    replied
    Hi all,

For IRCC to approve visitor visa, is it required to have US visa stamped on passport for latest approved I797 validity?
    Or just I797 and I94 with future expiry date are sufficient even if visa stamp may be expired? Thank you.

Regards,
    Rajat

Leave a comment:

• japatel92
    replied
    Hi All,

I am an Indian Citizen and currently on a H1B visa in USA. My H1B visa was recently approved, I have the I767 approval notice in hand, but I have not got the visa stamped on my passport yet. I want to apply for Canadian tourist visa to visit my family. Since I do not have an H1B stamp yet, will I767 approval notice be enough to prove my immigration status in USA? Is it safe to apply for a visit visa with just the H1B visa approval notice? Also, can someone please help me with all the documents to be submitted to prove immigration status in USA (since I do not have the H1B stamp). Your help/advise will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• rom2kor
    replied
    Originally posted by georgematthew View Post
    Do we need to pay biometrics fee? As per questionnare it comes out to be $370 for me & my wife.
    Yes. If you have never provided biometrics for Canadian visa. Its a new rule for Indian nationals started this year.

Leave a comment:

• georgematthew
    replied
    Biometric Fee

Do we need to pay biometrics fee? As per questionnare it comes out to be $370 for me & my wife.

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X