Urgent! Where to apply?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent! Where to apply?

Hi, I'm new to this site but let me tell you guys that you are making a great JOB!!!

I got some big issues with my future application.
    Here is my short story.
    My husband and I are from Haiti. We have been living in the US since july 2005 as foreign students and our visa is valid until june 1st, 2007. But we are entitled to another 15 months here in the US if we find Academic Training starting june 2nd, 2007 and we are strongly counting on that. But as you know the new visa will come only when we confirm academic training.

As I was gathering all my papers for the PPR I also requested my FBI Police certificates and I think I will receive it early january 2007. And I plan to apply As soon as I get pcc.

My questions are:

1- Where should we apply Haiti or Buffalo?

2-I I apply thru Haiti, I will have to file the Simplified application and as such I wont be able to join my FBI certificate and will loose that one.

3- If I apply Thru Buffalo, will they send my application back because I don't have 1 year on my visa. But can I explain in a letter that we're planing on applying for academic training and stay another 15 months in the US?

4-But if they send back my application will we loose the application fees?

I know this is a lot of questions for a new commer but please give me some answers.

Thanks a lot again for the website and for you insights.

Are you asking how you make an application for Canadian Immigration from the United States??
    If so can i ask why you want to move from the USA to Canada? Why not go back to your own country and apply there or why not stay in the US?

Comment

If you don't know the answer, why bother replying? Its none of your business questioning motives behind why someone is applying.

Originally posted by Curt
      Are you asking how you make an application for Canadian Immigration from the United States??
      If so can i ask why you want to move from the USA to Canada? Why not go back to your own country and apply there or why not stay in the US?

Anyway - to original question. I would suggest that you either wait till you get the 15 month visa and then apply in US or apply in Haiti while you stay in US. But applying in US without a 12 month Visa won't help you at all. Maybe you will forfeit your application money, maybe not. But for sure your case would not be accepted in US. I guess you would just end up loosing time.

Comment

Originally posted by longwait
        If you don't know the answer, why bother replying? Its none of your business questioning motives behind why someone is applying.

Anyway - to original question. I would suggest that you either wait till you get the 15 month visa and then apply in US or apply in Haiti while you stay in US. But applying in US without a 12 month Visa won't help you at all. Maybe you will forfeit your application money, maybe not. But for sure your case would not be accepted in US. I guess you would just end up loosing time.
        First of all, I dont understand what it is zazou is asking, so thats why I asked were they moving from the US to Canada.
        Secondly, when you say ''why bother replying if you dont know the answer'', you should listen to yourself because you clearly dont know the answer to the original question.
        And lastly, in my question I asked why zazou didnt just go back to their own country because I genuinely want to know the reason..

Comment

Please be polite......

Originally posted by longwait

Dear Mr.Longwait,

I have been visiting this forum for sometime.
          I have received useful/timely advice and guidance from Mr.Curt. He is helping people like us with his advice.
          Why must he even bother to answer queries? That is because he wants to help and People like us appreciate his help. We are grateful for his help. Please do not discourage him and other helpful members in this forum.
          Mr.Curt, thanks for your efforts to help clueless people like me.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X